Photo

Springs!

12 replies to this topic

#1 ktcookie

ktcookie

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

Hey guys, I am new to modding, but i know the basics, taking Ar's out, taping those air holes on the plunger tubes, and I know theres lots more out there I can do. I allready did my basic mods for my Maverick, but i want a spring replacement, and i don't know what kind to get... what kind of springs are out there? What would be good for a Maverick? what are the types of springs which are usable for Nerf guns?

Thanks!

#2 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

When I replace springs in my mavericks, I use Tek 6 springs. They have a lot of power, and fit pretty nicely.
NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#3 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

I've heard that LSFG Springs are nice additions - not replacements, for Mavericks and Specters. Or you can get OMW's Maverick spring.

#4 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Good to hear you'd like to explore deeper into the realm of modification. For your springs, Ace hardware has a decent selection of compression springs, and for whatever reason the small family owned hardware stores seem to come through in this area as well. Bring the original spring with you to get an idea of the size you will need then just get one that has a little more muscle. You don't have to add a spring if you can replace it altogether.

Edited by Aeromech, 27 May 2012 - 04:40 PM.

Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#5 Slime

Slime

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

Good to hear you'd like to explore deeper into the realm of modification. For your springs, Ace hardware has a decent selection of compression springs, and for whatever reason the small family owned hardware stores seem to come through in this area as well. Bring the original spring with you to get an idea of the size you will need then just get one that has a little more muscle. You don't have to add a spring if you can replace it altogether.

Many of ace hardwares springs are actually TOO strong for most guns though. The Ace #49 is one of their best ones, an excellent replacement spring for a nitefinder, which could be your next modification. I'd reccomend springs from mcmaster like the [k26], [k25], or K18 which can be good for longshots. And when using those springs, also upgrade or replace the catch spring to hold up the stronger spring. Have fun modding!

Edited by Slime, 27 May 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#6 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

Many of ace hardwares springs are actually TOO strong for most guns though. The Ace #49 is one of their best ones, an excellent replacement spring for a nitefinder, which could be your next modification. I'd reccomend springs from mcmaster like the [k26], [k25], or K18 which can be good for longshots. And when using those springs, also upgrade or replace the catch spring to hold up the stronger spring. Have fun modding!

Good point. But then again that just encourages more modifications to your blaster so the ridiculous springs don't break the damned thing. The #49 is good for Nitefinders and I just used a #46 in tandem with a stock Swarmfire spring. It's whatever you make of it, essentially, and these things seem to vary by locale and custom. Unless you order from McMaster, of course.
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#7 Defender 7

Defender 7

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

I've heard that LSFG Springs are nice additions - not replacements, for Mavericks and Specters. Or you can get OMW's Maverick spring.

I agree, I added a LSFG spring to my maverick and it's giving me great performance.
I like bacon.

#8 Epic Pie

Epic Pie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hey guys, I am new to modding, but i know the basics, taking Ar's out, taping those air holes on the plunger tubes, and I know theres lots more out there I can do. I allready did my basic mods for my Maverick, but i want a spring replacement, and i don't know what kind to get... what kind of springs are out there? What would be good for a Maverick? what are the types of springs which are usable for Nerf guns?

Thanks!

This would be a fantastic topic. The main thing with spring replacements though, is you have to be careful with how much load you put on the plastic components, or they will eventually break. Best of luck to you.

#9 ktcookie

ktcookie

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

I don't know a lot about springs so i have a few questions..

1. What is a LSFG?
2. What is a TEK 6?
3. What do you mean that you cant use springs which are too strong?
4. What will happen if a put a 10 kg in a maverick?

And yes I have a lot of question. Also thanks for all the answers so far, they are extremely helpful.

#10 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

I never used their springs but I know OMW (Orange Mod Works) has springs. OMW creates custom parts for Nerf Guns. People have their own opinions about their company, but I've had pretty good experiences with them. Anyway, here's a link to their springs.http://www.orangemod...ory_s/1835.htm' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Click here The Maverick spring is the sixth down.

Edited by Shoopy, 27 May 2012 - 08:24 PM.

You know you all want to crouch like a tiger...

PA POWER Clan Is that all ya got?

#11 Keo

Keo

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

1. What is a LSFG?
2. What is a TEK 6?

And yes I have a lot of question. Also thanks for all the answers so far, they are extremely helpful.

LSFG = LongShot Front Gun

#12 SomethingNerfey

SomethingNerfey

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

1. What is a LSFG?
2. What is a TEK 6?

1. LongShot Front Gun.

2. A Tek 6 is a 6-shot pistol made by BuzzBee. There are different variations.

3. With too strong of a spring, the internals of the blaster could break with reinforcement.

4. a 10 KG spring is way, way to strong for most blasters. A Maverick can not take that.

Edited by SomethingNerfey, 27 May 2012 - 09:05 PM.

#13 Alfatrooper

Alfatrooper

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

The most powerful are the [k25] and [k26] springs. You will have to cut them down and order them from Mc master.

Try the orange mod work springs designed for each blaster. They have good power my maverick shoots 40 ft flat. But it has other mods done to it

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Edited by Langley, 10 July 2012 - 06:03 PM.
Necro'd thread

See you on the field, Alfatrooper                                                                                             My YouTube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users