Photo

Six Barrel Lbb

As close to a shotgun as your going to get.

23 replies to this topic

#1 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:41 PM

So I wanted a close quarter weapon there was no way I was going to miss with. I thought a six barreled shotgun like weapon would be just the thing. I had read about the power in an LBB so I decided to use this as the base. I have been working on this for a while and I thought I might share it. This is a write up like article if there is any questions I will try to answer them. Sorry for the lack of pictures I already had this mostly completed when I relized I didn’t take many pictures.

I still have some painting and a few things I want to try. But so far I am happy. As to ranges about 40 feet for all the darts on 20 pumps. Untill I fix the handel I can't pump it any higher. :(

Parts:
One 1 1/2 PVC pipe cap.
60ish Inches of 1/2 CPVC (10 in barrels X 6 = 60 inches)
One LBB
Lots of glue.

First take your LLB and promptly disregard the warning about modifying. :P
Posted Image

Next open up the gun and take out the pump assembly cut off the orange tubing leaving enough to go past the guns internal bracing about ½ inch. Then drill a hole in a 1 ½ pipe PVC pipe-cap and glue this on the orange rod, making sure you leave enough room so the internals fit back into the gun body. Plug the pump
Posted Image

Cut back the gun body as you see fit.
Posted Image

Use a small section of the orange tubing as a brace to arrange your barrels. Make sure to plug the hole in the orange pipe. And all the holes around it. (or all this will do is make a loud whoosh and do nothing else.
Posted Image

Then sand down the cap enough so that the pipes fit in the cap. Then seal off the barrels to the cap there will be some need to seal because it has little triangular holes that let air out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pump 20+ times and let her fly. (Twenty seems to be around the minium ammount needed.)
------------------------------------------

Well what do you think.

Edited by Z-man12, 02 May 2007 - 07:38 PM.

I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#2 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

Sick looking, but why such long barrels with stock darts?
Range/spread?

Edited by SPU-Nerf, 01 May 2007 - 06:48 PM.

#3 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:01 PM

If you are gonna use stock darts, you should have barrels about the length of the dart body, because the air won't have to travel as far, so there will be more power behind the dart.
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#4 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:05 PM

Very cleanly done.

But, yeah, you either need to use stefans or shorter barrels if you just want to use stock dart taggers. You'll probably add 10 feet if you shorten the barrels, maybe more if you use stefans instead.

Edited by jwasko, 01 May 2007 - 07:07 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#5 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:10 PM

That's pretty sick man. Looks like some form of gattling gun.

Excellent work. Very clean and neat, and I hope to see more like this in the future.

*Thumbs up*

NerfFreak out.
Nuckin' Futz

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:13 PM

Cool, but cut down your barrels a couple of inches. I'll guarantee you, you better range.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:41 PM

I reccomend cutting all the barrels down at least 4". If you are going to use stefans.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#8 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:43 PM

Cool, but cut down your barrels a couple of inches. I'll guarantee you, you better range.

As many others have pointed out along with nerfer34 I know there is less air flow but there is a reason I did it this way.The reason the barrels are 10 inches is because I plan on using stefans at some point. I am currently having problems finding FBR

Range/spread?

The spred is tight my guess would be under 6 inches at 20 feet. Closer to 12 inches at 40 ft. The ranges tell I get a better handel built are down around 40 feet. But thats more then enough for indoor wars. At least in this building.

Edited by Z-man12, 01 May 2007 - 08:25 PM.

I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#9 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:28 PM

Nice, check out my Bigger Salvo mod, there's a link in my signature. Two solutions for the same issue it seems.

I like mine better, although yours is better looking.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#10 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:36 PM

I am currently having problems finding FBR

Well I can help you find it in two ways.

1) I sell FBR

2) The FBR I sell is red so you can find it again after you shoot it.

I also have a link of what I am talking about in my sig.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 01 May 2007 - 08:36 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#11 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:41 PM

I am currently having problems finding FBR

If inquiring at a hardware store, you might also mention "caulk saver," which is another name for foam backer rod.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves

#12 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:07 PM

You could just do what Forsaken said, Buy FBR from him. Or you could look in the Weather Stripping section of your local hardware/ home inprovement store
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#13 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:46 PM

Neat; I'd love do try this out. Is the LBB still manufactured or am I out of luck?

EDIT: Also, would it be difficult to use a seventh barrel in the center?

Edited by Thom, 01 May 2007 - 10:47 PM.

#14 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:15 PM

I'm not sure if the LBB is still manufactured, but they're not that hard to find. And, if you can't find one, you could always get a Big Blast (by Buzz Bee). They're pretty much the same thing.

#15 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:46 PM

Neat; I'd love do try this out. Is the LBB still manufactured or am I out of luck?

EDIT: Also, would it be difficult to use a seventh barrel in the center?

Yes the LBB is still manufactured as far as I know. I have seen them at Walgreens several times.

As to the 7th barrel you couldn't do it. At least in theory, so far as I figure it. Here is why, when the air comes out of the small amount of pipe in front of the holding tank it is in a beam-like state. Its a weak beam but one none the less. So it would strike the dart in front of the hole and get it moving. breaking the even decompression of air, and only firing that one dart. That is why I replaced it with a plug. So that the air would strike that and decompress as evenly as possible.

As to the FBR I have asked under all those names, and looked my self every place I can think of at three stores. I just might have to take you up on the offer Forsaken Angel.

#16 Keks

Keks

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:50 AM

1. Damn't, you beat me to a write up. This idea has been floating in my head, I'll have an additional write up soon, with one small change.

2. Isn't that a Big Blast...not a Blast Bazooka? Just being particular. I'm using the same one, I like how the Big Blast has more room for support inside.

Edit: Never mind, I was only looking at the paintjob that comes stock, IDENTICAL to the Big Blast I have. My mistake.

3. Nice job, really, I only hope mine turns out this good.

Edited by Keks, 02 May 2007 - 09:05 PM.

#17 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:27 PM

I'm pretty sure it's a blast bazooka. But it worked, and thats what matters. :D

Anyhoo, great job. I'm currently holding the innards of one myself, and I'm wondering if you took the time to plug the pump. It seems that 20+ pumps is overdoing it because this gun, like all air guns, have an air release valve. I felt the appropriate pressure at 8 pumps when using this gun stock, and got decent results, about what I expected (~30' flat, ~50' angled with the stock missles). I think you're doing too much work is all. :w00t:

TS

#18 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:28 PM

I'm pretty sure it's a blast bazooka. But it worked, and thats what matters. :D

Anyhoo, great job. I'm currently holding the innards of one myself, and I'm wondering if you took the time to plug the pump. It seems that 20+ pumps is overdoing it because this gun

It is plugged. I guess I should have said that eariler. :mellow:

#19 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:46 PM

Have you tried stefans or anything other than stock darts yet? I would suggest cutting your barrels down for any dart as well. When I had a LBB and singled it, I think my barrel was just 16 inches long and I achieved moderately accurate shots at least 80 feet away. So with 6 barrels from one gun, you would need most likely a minimum of 10 inch barrels. Just a suggestion, it still looks kick-ass that way.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#20 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:40 PM

So with 6 barrels from one gun, you would need most likely a minimum of 10 inch barrels. Just a suggestion, it still looks kick-ass that way.

Um you lost me there... It currently has 10 inch barrels.

And Again no I havn't had a chance to fire any thing other then stock darts out of it.

#21 KBarker

KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

So with 6 barrels from one gun, you would need most likely a minimum of 10 inch barrels. Just a suggestion, it still looks kick-ass that way.

And Again no I havn't had a chance to fire any thing other then stock darts out of it.

I think what he meant was that six 10 in. barrels is equivalent in air volume to one 60 in. barrel. So if the gun fires good with a single 18 in. barrel, your barrels should be roughly 3 inches long. I would add a little bit for the length of the dart though, 5-6 inches with stefans sounds about right.
-KBarker

My Fighting Robots: http://www.TeamVelocityRobotics.com/

#22 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:32 PM

Thom (and anyone else that's interested) - LBB at Amazon

#23 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:04 PM

I think what he meant was that six 10 in. barrels is equivalent in air volume to one 60 in. barrel. So if the gun fires good with a single 18 in. barrel, your barrels should be roughly 3 inches long. I would add a little bit for the length of the dart though, 5-6 inches with stefans sounds about right.

I'm gonna second that, and FA24 also said the same thing. Also, why such long barrels if your looking for a close range shotty-type weapon?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#24 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:49 PM

I'm gonna second that, and FA24 also said the same thing. Also, why such long barrels if your looking for a close range shotty-type weapon?

For the umpteenth time because I like the way that it looks. Just wait tell I get the whole thing done up and you will see what I mean.

To be honest the idea is to use it as a long range shotty once I get some stefans made.

And just for the record a LBB is capable of firing a dart from a 60 in barrel. I tried calculating the necessary length by firing a dart down a 60+ inch piece of CPVC to see where it stopped so I could measure it off and divide it in half. I went right out the end and went down the hall a good 20ft before it hit the floor (it was angled down a little to start with so that probably helped. So I figured there would be plenty of air for what I did here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users