Classifieds site for college students

8 replies to this topic

#1 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:08 PM

I know most of you aren't in college yet, but there's a good number of us who are.

My brother just launched CollegeSpot.com. It's a free site where you can list anything you want to sell to fellow college students. You can meet on campus and exchange goods for goods or goods for money, or you can ship cross country to other students, it's your choice. You pick whether or not you deal with e-commerce and shipping or not.

You must have a valid college email to sign up, but if you list an item you are automatically entered to win up to $3000.

Any questions, feel free to post here.

#2 puky

puky

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:23 PM

So its like.. Campusbarter only.. started by your brother?

#3 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:10 PM

Yeah, except CAMPUS BARTER sucks. They've been around for 2 years and they have what 25 items listed? CollegeSpot hasn't even been around 2 months and we have more items than that listed.

Edited by RAMBO, 04 May 2007 - 04:13 PM.

#4 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:47 PM

That's an amazing idea. Not only does it offer opportunities to meet new people and friends but to buy the materials you couldn't find or afford at that time. Again awesome idea and I hope it works out.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#5 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 06:31 AM

Will there be selling and buying of sexual services on this site?

:P

Kidding, of course. Sounds like a Craigslist (where you actually can buy sexual services) for college students. Good stuff. Any nerf guns listed yet?

Edited by frost vectron, 05 May 2007 - 06:32 AM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#6 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:30 PM

Haha, I doubt there are any colleges(save for Presbyterian) that have multiple NIC members.

Yeah, the thought is that craigslist, ebay, and such don't offer that good of a program for those who don't want to deal with shipping and e-commerce, so, hopefully, college students like the idea and sign up.

Edited by RAMBO, 05 May 2007 - 03:31 PM.

#7 Jergling

Jergling

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:32 PM

That would be nice to have nerf on a site like this.

Still (its an awsome idea, not saying anyting against it) I don't understand the basis that it works on. Why should people use it instead of ebay/forums? No, I didn't look at the site, sorry.
Save the NOOB, now declared an indangered species by the department of the redundancy department!

#8 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:09 PM

eBay doesn't technically offer options for students to meet up on campus and exchange goods for goods or money for goods. We do. That's what we're designed for. This way you don't have to deal with shipping and e-trading if you don't want to. You can, we do offer it, but you don't have to.

Also, many people sell their books back to the college bookstore, but they get robbed. This site will hopefully offer enough of a sale price for the sellers, and low enough price for buyers(related to textbooks, anyway), that everyone is happy.

#9 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:17 PM

Yes, shipping costs are a no-no for poor college students... :o
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users