Big Blast Idea

shotgun

7 replies to this topic

#1 Keks

Keks

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:59 PM

Okay, so I'm planning on modding a Big Blast to not only be able to fire one shot, but then with a flip of a switch fire several shots, maybe with a maverick clip, much like a shot gun.

My only problem is, do you think that a t valve would evenly distribute air amongst possibly 4 or 6 different ports? Or will the air distribution be uneven, in which I would like to be able to compensate.

Anyways, I'll have the mod done in a few days, just looking for some opinions.

#2 angelof DEATH182

angelof DEATH182

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:16 PM

Okay, so I'm planning on modding a Big Blast to not only be able to fire one shot, but then with a flip of a switch fire several shots, maybe with a maverick clip, much like a shot gun.

My only problem is, do you think that a t valve would evenly distribute air amongst possibly 4 or 6 different ports? Or will the air distribution be uneven, in which I would like to be able to compensate.

Anyways, I'll have the mod done in a few days, just looking for some opinions.

it might work, just try and if it won't work, just learn from it. besides blast bazooka's are pretty cheap if you ask me

#3 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:13 PM

It works at least the way I did it. I have a LBB that has six barrels that shoot at the same time. I am curretly reworking the seal so it works better. Only thing is it takes 30 pumps to get them all to shoot and even then it dosn't work all the time with taggers.
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#4 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:30 PM

It works at least the way I did it. I have a LBB that has six barrels that shoot at the same time. I am curretly reworking the seal so it works better. Only thing is it takes 30 pumps to get them all to shoot and even then it dosn't work all the time with taggers.

May I please see a picture of that please? I'm quite interested in it.

~McFlurry
QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#5 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:22 PM

I have a 2 barrel piece I put on my Pump Shotgun, mostly just for fun, but it can be pretty useful for keeping people away. It's made of a piece of PVC, then a T with 2 couplers on each end, then CPVC barrels nested in PVC.

#6 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:48 PM

If your PVC and seals are symmetrical, it will work. Keep in mind, however, that the darts themselves are part of the seal - they must all have the same amount of friction between them and the barrel, and have equally far to go, or the air will shoot one or two and ignore the rest.

Edited by Gengar003, 30 April 2007 - 05:48 PM.

I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#7 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

May I please see a picture of that please? I'm quite interested in it.

~McFlurry

Yes I will post pictures as soon as I reassemble the beast of a gun, its a heavy sucker. and its in about 6 pices right now. :lol:

If your PVC and seals are symmetrical, it will work. Keep in mind, however, that the darts themselves are part of the seal - they must all have the same amount of friction between them and the barrel, and have equally far to go, or the air will shoot one or two and ignore the rest.

I understood this principel when I started fooling with the gun. You only get some to fire if you don't pump it ALOT.
It looks odd with two out and the rest at odd lengths. This is what happens when there is not enough air flowing down the barrels to force out all the darts at once.
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#8 Keks

Keks

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:35 PM

Sounds good guys, hopefully I'll have a write up within a couple days. If all goes well, the gun will help my friends team in his Nerf Assassination over the next two weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users