It's Back!

82 replies to this topic

#76 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:30 PM

Okay, so I hurt a little today, but just enough to know that I had a really good time yesterday. I ended up getting home around 12:30, not too bad for a easy ride home.

Highlights of the day:
"Belltower" rounds (since I really can't call them what we called them).
Taking a headshot during the belltower rounds from Ryan's titan.
Flaming Hilt's incredibly stylish sliding shot...that brought about the death of Oreo.
Imaseoulman emptying his magstrike and Lightning Blitz at me, and missing with everything.
Mitch and Ryan's chase around the park at the end of a Belltower round.
The SNAP-4's continuing efforts in trying to explode...yeah, it still needs tuning.
Getting to see all of these great mods in person.
Finding out that most of my guns suck...except for the SNAP-1.

And of course, finally getting to meet the people behind the words.

Serious fun...looking forward to the next one!

Pictures...

Ryan suits up with his external tank Titan, while Jeff (Imaseoulman) threatens with his Lightning Blitz
Posted Image

Flaming Hilt, Carrtoon and Ryan choose weapons.
Posted Image

Jeff, Sam and Carrtoon
Posted Image

Flaming Hilt taking some cover
Posted Image

Luke, Hilt and Carrtoon sprnting for the flag, with a nice shot of the "belltower".
Posted Image

Jeff and Ryan take off.
Posted Image

Mitch, Carrtoon, Flaming Hilt, Jeff, Ryan and Me (completely cashed out after an insanely hot day of Nerfing.
Posted Image

You can get the full directory of photos here.

Edited by Carbon, 08 July 2007 - 12:33 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#77 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:59 PM

Glad to see you guys had a good time. Wish I could have made it...

It's cool to see what the city did with the place since spring. Looks as if things are a little easier to run around since the big dirt mound is gone, even though it did provide some cover. Hopefully we can get another one going so I can make it there.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#78 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:41 AM

Definitely had an awesome time when I was there. I really like the rounds we did at the top of the tower. I guess the Titan worked out pretty good.

What Carbon says pretty much sums up about how I felt about the war. It just suck we have to wait another year to have another one unless we have something a little sooner than that.

It's cool to see what the city did with the place since spring. Looks as if things are a little easier to run around since the big dirt mound is gone, even though it did provide some cover. Hopefully we can get another one going so I can make it there.

I told the rest of the guys that I'd be willing to come up to any wars you guys have up there. The drive is pretty easy but next time I will I have to do two days instead of driving 12+ hours in one day after running around all day.

But I'm down for a Thanksgiving war.

Edited by Ryan201821, 09 July 2007 - 01:42 AM.

#79 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:02 AM

Twelve hours hours of driving + lack of sleep + running around all day + brutal heat and humidity. Definitely a hard day.

Oh, and by the way…that SM1500 didin’t leave welts…it left bruises.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#80 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:20 AM

Oh, and by the way…that SM1500 didin’t leave welts…it left bruises.

*checks*
...hey, you're right!

I'm down for a Thanksgiving war.

I could do that. Anybody else?
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#81 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:02 AM

Well I suppose I should probably give my thoughts.

Favorite moments:
-Taking pot shots at Carbon in "the Belltower" and actually hitting him.
-Rocking pretty much every round except that last Belltower round and the pistol round.
-Getting shot by the SNAP 1 from about three feet away (It left a mark for about two days)
-Seeing the homemades made by Carrtoon and Carbon, but especially Carbon, they have really inspired me
The only disappointment was the number of people, but we still did well with what we had.

As for the Turkey War, I'm in, and hopefully will be well prepared. I'd like to try and do a DEAL-type war format, but not make it invitation only.

#82 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:37 AM

I guess I should add in my two cents...
Favorite moments:
In a standoff with Sam, trying to get my Blastfire to shoot, giving up, pulling out my SF and hitting him. It just reminded me of the whole Indiana Jones scene where the guys going crazy with a sword and the gets shot with a pistol.
Target practicing on Hilt from 100+ feet and deciding my SM1500 needed a little extra pump to make it and then nailing him squarely in the chest.

Least favorite moments:
Missing carbon with a barrage of 13 darts, unloading my manta-integration (I'll talk more about that in a minute) and lightnin' blitz with no success.
Hilt's amazing slide to dodge my SF shot which would have ended the round (Go Hilt!)

The manta-integration has a name!
I painted the whole thing glossy black and then put a spider graphic in glossy red on each "wing" similar to the SpiderMan logo (from the first or second movie but not the third, the more sharp pointy looking one). This was done to defend the name because I wnated to some how include the idea of eight (number of barrells) in the name, so I've decided to call it "Arachnophobia". A few other options are "BlackWidow" and "Arach-NERF-phobia". Let me know what you think. As soon as I firmly settle on the name (which will be largely influenced by all of your input) then I will post pics of the gun and do a write-up, so let me know what you think!

#83 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:19 AM

Oh shiza. I like it. I mean, I haven't even seen a picture of it. But shiza. Flipping good idea.

...Arachnophobia. The whole Nerfphobia thing is... well it works... but no. And black widow works, but not if the red is particularly bright. Maybe it's just me but I just don't see a really bright red on a black widow (a custom made one, that is). Just my two cents.
...there aren't pincers on the back, are there?
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users