Photo

Gun Lights

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you buy a Gun Light?

Well, would you?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Seagoni

Seagoni

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:56 PM

**Note:** This topic is not in the selling/trading forum because I want to get opinions before I actually buy up these things. If a moderator sees fit that it be moved, than so be it.

Getting to the point, I have purchased lights from a store near my house that work quite well as gun lights. The are 360 degree LED lights. They are "360" degres because they attach to a big plastic clip (Like a laundry clip) with a ball-and-socket joint. so you can glue the clip to your gun and have a detachable light, or you can do what I did with my LS, and cut off the "ball" of the joint from the lamp piece, and be left with a tiny silver light that sort of resembles a bullet. Then you glue the light to the front of your gun. They click on-and-off, and are pretty bright. For dark indoor wars they are great when you're using 2-handed guns like the LS or going akimbo with something else. Pics will be up a little later, as soon as I get ahold of my camera.

I would charge $2.00 a light, plus S+H. So I want to know who would be interested.

Edit: If not, why not, and if maybe, then what's on your mind?

Edited by Seagoni, 29 April 2007 - 04:37 PM.

If you ever find out what my name means...YOUR HEAD WILL EXPLODE!!!

#2 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:15 PM

If it would fit on the track rail thing, and if it would be detachable like the LS scope?
"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

#3 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:15 PM

I wouldn't use a light in general. I'd rather not be seen reloading my gun.

#4 Seagoni

Seagoni

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:34 PM

If it would fit on the track rail thing, and if it would be detachable like the LS scope?

It doesn't fit on the rail. In order for it to be detachable, you'd have to keep the clip, and have it removable via the joint.

Also, they turn off and on really quick, so you could turn it off as you reload, and back on while you aim.

#5 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:56 PM

I'd buy a couple, I have night wars all the time.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#6 Seagoni

Seagoni

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

Alright. I've got a few pics so people can get a better idea of what I'm talking about. This is the light that's mounted on my LS, so there's no clip, and the ball and socket joint off the main light has been cut off.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is a crappy Microsoft Paint render of what the lights look like out of the package.

Posted Image

#7 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:46 PM

No pics, unfortunately, but I put an LED replacement set for a Maglite in my NF. It fits right in the hole on the front where the lens used to be with no external cutting. I sawed a hole in the bottom for a switch. I don't know how much use it would be in an outside war, but it could work in dark rooms. Plus it's Awesome™. :w00t:

#8 Master Yogurt

Master Yogurt

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:44 PM

In my experience, LEDs are awesome for close quarters and power efficiency (when spelunking LEDs are a godsend since they've got such a low power drain), but nothing beats old fashioned bulbs for focused range. LED is probably a more logical fit for Nerf usage, though, since it's smaller, more durable and more efficient. I've seen some truly excellent NF Maglight LED replacement kit conversions in the past, and I'll probably do it to one of mine at some point simply because it's useful (my friends like to have night wars, so it'd get a lot of use).
Come to PANO!

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back. The Trooper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users