Photo

How To Make An Easy Scope

An easy to build scope for most side arms.

6 replies to this topic

#1 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:38 PM

For those of us who just don't trust the stock lineup scope, there is another way.
Note-This is positioned on the UNITY lock system on the top rail, so the gun must be fairly new. I have modded 2 nite finders and a maverick using this system.

Materials-
A newer sidearm
Solid tubing
Tape
Glue
1/2 Toothpick, or 2 wholes for a full crosshair.

How To-

1. Cut your tubing to the desired length(about 6"). Any size tubing is fine.
I used the same as I use on my other mods, just because I had plenty.
2. Snap the toothpick(s) so that when held pointed in toward the center, the tip is just below the middle.
3. You can tape(though I advise you glue) the blunt ends of the toothpick to the edge of the tube, as described above.
4. Tape, NOT GLUE, the scope along the rail on top of the gun. Make sure the end with the toothpicks is at the front of the gun.
5. Test the scope on the nearest person.
6. Adjust as neccessary.
7. repeat step 5.
8. Once you are happy with the accuracy, glue it down instead of taping.

I hope you are happy with your new scope! This is my first post, so criticism, suggestions, and the like are appreciated. Don't blame me for any negative results from step 5. You are the one who followed the instructions, not me.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#2 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:58 PM

A nerf gun is nowhere near being accurate and poerful enough to need a scope. Also lets pretend that your scope does work you must really suck at aiming to need a scope on a sidearm.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#3 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:00 PM

No one ever said it had to be used. It looks cool, and if you need to do a long distance shot, there you go.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#4 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:59 PM

If you really feel the need for a scope on a sidearm (Which, in my opinion is mostly unnecessary) either go to your local sports/hunting store or on the internet...They have some cheap sights that would work fine. And as for "long distance shots," in nerf, dream on.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#5 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

How would a scope help a long distance shot with a nightfinder? I could see maybe putting it on a singled titan or crossbow but even they arn't accurate enought to effectivly use a scope. At ECNO my strongest, most accurate gun was a Lock N' Load (about the same strenght as a modded nightfinder) so all my long range shot were at a 60 degree angle in the general direction of the enemy so I can't realy see how a scope would have help then. And why would you want to put "solid tubing" on top of your gun weighing it down and taking up space to "look cool"? I could see putting something like iron sites on it for reference but not a scope. And sorry if I come off as an asshole but im having a shity week.

Began typing this before CROW posted.

Skitzo-

Edited by Skitzo, 28 April 2007 - 09:14 PM.

If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#6 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:27 PM

I guess. Thanks for the input, guys.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#7 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:01 AM

Yeah, the only kind of sight that would be useful at all is a ladder sight, and that is pushing it a bit.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users