There's a New Sheriff in Town

23 replies to this topic

#1 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:14 PM

I'd like to welcome the newest addition to our team of Ass-Kicking Overlords™, One Man Clan.

Hide your children, board up the windows, and grab whatever you can to defend yourself. One Man Clan will be picking up the slack in our Ambassadors department, and distributing justice where justice is due. So, sit back, and resume with your regularly scheduled postings. Unless of course you keep making idiotic posts, in which case I cannot help you. And soon you'll quickly find out where the man gets his name from.

All joking aside, let's all take a minute to remember the wise words of Uncle Ben: "With great power comes great responsibility."

So, let's hear it for the one man that ate an entire fucking clan. Welcome to the lofty realm of Ambassadors, OMC.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#2 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:59 PM

;) MWA HA HA! It is done..........

Posted Image

In all seriousness, my first order of business is to hit up the admin panel and get to approving as many users as I can. Those with the same IP will not make the cut. Same as those with funny names and emails. That is of course, once I learn how to use this shit.
I hate you.

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:34 PM

Holy fuck. Finally.

Thanks guys.

And congrats Hersh.
SexD Warves

#4 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:48 PM

I, for one, welcome our new ass kicking overlord!
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#5 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:53 PM

Validating everyone is taking forever. I will be mass admitting people after quickly scanning emails and IPs. Here's the deal. I'm more of kill 'em all and let god sort it out admin. If you fuck up, there will be NO warnings. Bannings will be swift and fierce, and in the first week or so, probably often.

Consider the flood gates open. Admins, suit up. It's going to be a long weekend.
I hate you.

#6 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:41 PM

Validating everyone is taking forever. I will be mass admitting people after quickly scanning emails and IPs. Here's the deal. I'm more of kill 'em all and let god sort it out admin. If you fuck up, there will be NO warnings. Bannings will be swift and fierce, and in the first week or so, probably often.

Consider the flood gates open. Admins, suit up. It's going to be a long weekend.

In addition, I would just like to ask for all the regular members to be patient with the admin team for the next week or so. This might get bad, like crossing the streams kind of bad - but then again, watching what ensues is half the fun for some people.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:00 PM

This might get bad, like crossing the streams kind of bad
-Groove

Wow a Ghostbusters Reference. I wonder how many people caught that.
Congrats OMC. I am glad people can start getting accounts again.
I wonder if their are any Captain slugs, boltsn!pers, Carrtoons or Starbucks(Before he became evil)
in the new bunch.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#8 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:23 PM

Haha, I had to think about it, I didn't get it at first. To be honest, with all the respect I have for those aforementioned people, I'd rather get people who actually nerf active. Sure, Capt. Slug has been in attendance at a few recently, but for the most part(at least it seems that way to me), the innovators don't get into NIC wars very often. I'd love more innovators, but I'd prefer actual nerfers(again, no offense to the innovators),

Edited by RAMBO, 27 April 2007 - 10:26 PM.

#9 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:29 PM

I saw this coming for a loooong time.

Glad it fianlly happened.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#10 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:31 PM

I wonder if their are any Captain slugs, boltsn!pers, Carrtoons or Starbucks(Before he became evil)
in the new bunch.

I hope so. Anyone know what happened to KBarker? He had some pretty neat ideas, and now he just seemed to dissapear. I'd love to see new people come up with awsome ideas and share them here on NH.
And it's real nice to see OMC promoted to Ambassador. There's only been a couple active admins around, and now there's one more. Congratulations OMC.
Now hopefully this won't be the era of trolls coming in... Though I bet over half the people just gave up and don't check here anymore.
Now I just hope for Active Nerfers in Washington...

Edited by Retiate, 27 April 2007 - 10:32 PM.

#11 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:33 PM

Congrats OMC. I'll try not to post for the next week or so, if that helps in anyway way.

Edited by nerfboi, 27 April 2007 - 10:33 PM.

We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#12 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:35 PM

I think people will be getting emails that they have been validated if memory serves. Chances are, people WILL be posting up.

#13 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:40 PM

:blink: I am confused to what you just said Rambo( no disrespect or anything)
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#14 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:42 PM

Eh? All I'm saying is that it seems like the innovators(people with great ideas) don't seem to nerf that much. I feel that the community as a whole needs people that nerf consistently, rather than people who just bring great ideas to the boards...

#15 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:54 PM

I wanted to use my first post ever on NerfHaven to thank One Man Clan (and the rest of the staff here), for validating my account.

Congratulations and thanks again, OMC.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#16 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:54 PM

Listen,

I opened the gates, I'll sort them out. It was easier this way. If anyone causes too much shit, they are out. Now stop posting so god damn much.
I hate you.

#17 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:27 AM

Hell, with all the carnage coming, I'll kindly step aside....

Pineapple,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.

Your account will not be functional until June 22, 2032 (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#18 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:39 AM

Congratulations on the appointment, OMC. The little kiddies are shitting their pants now. No more fuckin' around and breaking the rules.

So I guess, Piney, I can finally stop sending out so many polite PMs to new users teliing them to clean up their act.

Works for me just fine.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#19 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:11 AM

Yeah, Carb, I decided to see if any others would sh!t their pants when the "tolerant" admin suspends himself.

I think the ones who played with my boundaries are fairly warned.

But the new users bring a kind of new excitement to the boards again. Stomp some, kick some, outright take some out of their forum misery.

I'm just gonna watch for the spammers and let the new admin soil his boots with blood and entrails. He seems to be a pretty happy puppy right now. I can feel the love.
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#20 Woodsman

Woodsman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:58 AM

Hello Nerfhaven. The same as Jwasko, I just wanted to thank the people that made it possible for me to join this site (especially OMC). I am truly honored to be a part of Nerfhaven, and I cant wait to make it to some wars.
You are already dead- Kenshiro

#21 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:11 AM

Oh man, Piney, you scared me for a second... Yeah, you almost got me to shit my pants, but I'm civilized, so i used the toilet. :D

Alright everyone, watch out for the great sword of OMC, if you aren't careful, you'll get your head cut off for 9999 days...

Like that purple dinosaur with the green belly aways said, "IT'S FUCKING CLEANUP TIME CHILDREN, GET THE PLACE FUCKING SPOTLESS, AND SING A SONG WHILE YOU FUCKING DO IT!!!"

(I think Barney said it in a less vulgar and more polite way though...)
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#22 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:29 AM

Nice, hopefully we can get some new members and new ideas, while maintain that level of awesomeness from before. You'll make a great admin man.

#23 Guest_ScoliosisNinja_*

Guest_ScoliosisNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:33 AM

Agreed. Gratz to OMC, hope to see you in May.

#24 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:45 AM

Fuckin rights the flood gates are open... holy shit.

Edited by WratH, 28 April 2007 - 10:45 AM.

Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users