All are welcome

201 replies to this topic

#1 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 01:33 PM

I'm thinking about getting together some of our east coasters sometime soonish, like early October. I'll ask for a Sunday off and probably get it I would imagine, concidering that things are now winding down at Staples. Is anyone interested in joining us just for a nice friendly war? I'm not looking for crazy numbers or anything, just anyone interested, such as the LGLF, Horsemen, Talio, OMC. Anybody is welcome.

Let's just see what we want to do about a date first. It's up to you guys I suppose. Early next month could be good. By then it'll be a little cooler but by no means what we had last year at Reckoning.

The war's intentions are really just to make up for those who couldn't attend Apoc 2003 and/or GnomeFest 2003.

So let the discussion begin, when is good for everyone?
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#2 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 01:50 PM

Hey man, now that I quit my job at the old garden center, my schedule on the weekends is free and clear.
I hate you.

#3 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 01:50 PM

How about early November, I'd have time to get some shit in order, and it's already so damn close to Gnomefest. It's one hell of a drive to get up there and takes some money out of my pocket. I'm also screwed as far as a job goes. I'd love to come, but I'm not sure it would be realistic for me to go to two wars so close together. You've guys been great to me so far with the commute, but it's insane. I was able to get my dad to loan me his car for gnomefest after a few hours under his desk cause my car is a peice of shit, and Apoc was an interesting journey as the e-lights on my dash went off like it was fucking christmas. If we wait till early November, I'll have time to find a job, get my new gun finished, and get the car in running order to get me there and back. Thats my suggestion,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#4 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 02:04 PM

I am sorry guys but I am going to have to miss this one. My mom said she doesn't want to drive from NY to toms river, she thinks it is too far.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#5 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 02:11 PM

Where will it be...I live in MD and have never been to a large scaled war...I doubt my parents would take me if its far though :huh: New Jersey?
ko

#6 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 02:38 PM

Its in Ocean County, NJ. From MD its like a 4 hour drive.
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#7 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 02:46 PM

Thirst, if it's cool with your folks, they can call me and talk to me, and then if they don't think I'll kill you or anything, they can drive you here, and then we'll go from there.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#8 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 02:54 PM

I doubt Thirst's rents will be okay with you driving him Talio. It's not that your character is in question, it's merely that parental obligation that parents have and all. Understandably you are a new name and a new face, I'm not sure about you, but I doubt that when I was younger my parents would be really cool with the notion at all.

Onto business, Tali, if you need until November or maybe even later October that's fine by me. I'm not in a huge rush, this is really just about having a good time and if an extra few weeks means you can make the commute, sounds good to me.

Any objections?

And yes, Thirst, our little home field is about 3 1/2 hours from Maryland.

Here's some dates to mull over:

Sunday, October 26th
Sunday, November 2nd
Sunday, November 9th

Check them calendars ladies.

#9 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 02:58 PM

Talio how far are you from NY?
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."

#10 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 03:16 PM

I completely understand Evil. Hell my folks would have never aloud shit like this. Understand, I'm just putting it out there that it's avalible and I don't mind making the sacrifice. Anything to get a nerfer in the door. I'm luckly I waited till I was an adult to do this shit, because now I have the means were before there wasn't a chance in hell I would be able to do anything like this. So Thirst, as inconcievable as it may be, my offer is there, take it or leave it, no skin off my dick.

Leftnut, I live quite a bit away, I'm in Delaware, depending on what part on NY you lived in, it would be probably 4-6 hours. If your about to ask for a ride thats probably not going to happen. But there it is anyway.

And yes, a few weeks later would be better.

Talio.

#11 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 03:46 PM

I would take care of lefty if he's coming, so don't worry about it.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#12 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 04:05 PM

Well it depends what time I would get home, if I get home at 6 maybe 7 my mom won't care. I will talk to her and see what she says. Uncle Langley do you mean you will pick me up?

#13 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 05:35 PM

Very little chance of me getting to this war, I have meets on Saurday and Sunday I always work.(because I can't work any other time because of x-c) I lucked out being able to get to Gnomefest. If anything changes I'll immediately let you all know.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#14 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 06:32 PM

Hehe, Thanks talio, th problem is with school and everything I doubt my parents would drive down there to have a nerf war. Maybe in winter break I could go for vacation( my parents would consider because I was born in NJ and we visit fairly often). My parents probobally wouldnt lke the idea of spending 4 hours either hehe, maybe during a break. My bro would come too, he got me into this NIC stuff in like 2001(he never joined)?, only until recently was I smart enough to join. He plays too, maybe we both could convince them :)
ko

#15 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 08:21 PM

Sounds good to me. You guys get me a date within a week, and I'll make sure everything goes fine by the park administration end.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#16 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 09:19 PM

Sounds good to me. You guys get me a date within a week, and I'll make sure everything goes fine by the park administration end.

No need, we're not going to have 25+ people for this one. Unless there's an act of God/miracle or something.

#17 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 10:17 PM

Don't call me "Uncle Langley"
Im saying if your mom drives you here, we can take care of getting you down to the war.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#18 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 01:13 PM

*still laughing from the Uncle Lagnley bit*
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#19 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 01:17 PM

Surely you must be joking...

No, and don't call me Shurley.

#20 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 01:41 PM

My mom is ok with it but she needs the definite date and she needs to clear it with ol' grandpa.

#21 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 12:18 PM

Well then, please check out the dates I posted on page one, and select which is best for you. We'll all see what we can do. Talio, any ideas yet on when you can come?

#22 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 12:26 PM

ok, the 2nd or the 9th would be best, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it on the 26th.

Talio.

#23 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 01:42 PM

The second is bad for me.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#24 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 02:03 PM

Then lets plan on the ninth.

#25 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 02:10 PM

I kinda just started working sundays during the day instead of the evening, so I need to know the date for this thing asap so I can take off that day. 'cause if I can't go, it's gonna be a big pain in the ass to get the rest of the LGLF there.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users