Forum Contest!

hosted by your very own Cadmond

113 replies to this topic

#51 undeadtom

undeadtom

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 09:09 PM

Ok seel the duct tape at the bottom, that's the trigger.

See the huge thing on the back, that's the pump.

See the short little stub on the front, that's the barrel.

On the front side view under the barrel, the hole is the extra ammo space.

It is like that because it was badly, badly broken. I hope you can tell now. It shots 70+ ft. Since those pics I've made some barrel modifications and I'm working on another mod and am looking for 20 markers for another. Soon I'll post the new pics of ANDREW.

Internal pics coming soon to a message board near you!!!
I'm too sexy for my body,
Too sexy for my shirt,
So sexy that it hurts,
Too sex-y for a can of beans. YEAH!

#52 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 08:27 AM

Ugh...must...post...same mod for third time!

Some TT action.

I already did that and mine gets on average 65ft flat, I have more rubber bands on it so I suggest you add more rubber bands and it will go further.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#53 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 11:00 AM

I'm working on another mod and am looking for 20 markers for another

Tom, your going to kill yourself modding an rf 20 or a wildfire with barrels, how do you know they will fit let alone stay in place and make the gun better? I could use 20 crayola markers...
ko

#54 undeadtom

undeadtom

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 03:47 PM

Cadmond, it will be hard for me toget you pics of the internals, so unless you request them again after using the key above, then I won't be willing to get them.
Too sexy for my shirt,
So sexy that it hurts,

#55 wtrent10

wtrent10

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:08 PM

I know I'm a little late but... I'm compititon. I'm shure youre all like "that just means we've got even less people to worry about" but I've got something really really really fucking kickass in the works. Just thought I'd let you know.
"This movie is the cause for all mental retardation. every kid I see walking down the street slamming their hand against their chest and yelling some incoherent sound I'm gonna point at them and yell, 'NO!!!!!!!! YOU WATCHED SKY CAPTAIN!!!!'"

~James

#56 lech

lech

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 08:12 PM

Just changed my MS2k, now has multibarrel at2k (PETG :D), and now kicks even more ass, if thats possible:

Pictures

:ph34r:.

Lech.

#57 Cadmond

Cadmond

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 08:23 PM

Wow, that does look pretty cool lech. Good work man!

Anywho, Tom, it really depends on what you want to do. Your entry is in either way, it's up to you whether to add the effort.

#58 six-hungry-ducks

six-hungry-ducks

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 08:36 PM

Just changed my MS2k, now has multibarrel at2k (PETG :D), and now kicks even more ass, if thats possible:

Pictures

:ph34r:.

Lech.

Wow lech that's one kickass gun. :D
"It's never the obvious..." -Me
"Trust no one, not even yourself" -Me
"Hey I was watching that!" "It'll be on next Christmas" "Who the hell knows when that's gonna be?" -Peter Griffin

#59 undeadtom

undeadtom

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 08:56 PM

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, F-F-F*ck!!!
Too sexy for my shirt,
So sexy that it hurts,

#60 lech

lech

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 09:03 PM

What the fuck you cussin' about f00?

Is it my gun owning your ass 10 fold? :ph34r:.

Lech.

#61 undeadtom

undeadtom

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 09:13 PM

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, F-F-F*ck!!! Lech nice job Can I have it? Just kidding.

Anyways cadmond I'm gonna try to explain it to you For the final time and I want you to tell me if you do or don't understand it. Here goes:

That weird looking thing at the bottom where the original pump part shoud be is the actual trigger (the original broke).

And of course the weird looking thing on the back is the modifiedd pump (it broke).

And then there is the is the barrel in the front (the original broke). I stuck a crayola barrel inside and permanently attached it to the inside of the PVC pipe so the dart would be snug.

As a plus right beneath the barrel is a holder for extra ammo.

If you look at the original pics then you should see everything except the crayola marker parts.

I'm working on another one. I hope you could understand it Cadmond.
Too sexy for my shirt,
So sexy that it hurts,

#62 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 10:56 PM

Here's my entry:

Tech Target Set: Constriced Barrel Modification

w00t. :ph34r:
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#63 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 09:45 AM

Honestly, if lech doesn't win you guys are dicks.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#64 wtrent10

wtrent10

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 02:43 PM

HOLY FUCK LECH!!!!!!!!!
"This movie is the cause for all mental retardation. every kid I see walking down the street slamming their hand against their chest and yelling some incoherent sound I'm gonna point at them and yell, 'NO!!!!!!!! YOU WATCHED SKY CAPTAIN!!!!'"

~James

#65 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 02:50 PM

Blah...no one said holy fuck thirst...i need something to drink... nice lech.
ko

#66 undeadtom

undeadtom

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:41 PM

No it's your darts being fired up my ass!!! Anyways like I said props.
Too sexy for my shirt,
So sexy that it hurts,

#67 Ranger

Ranger

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:51 PM

Why does NHQ have to be down? I am confused!!!
Im working on a grenade luancher attachment for any barrel, as long as its 1/2 inch PVC.
n00bs with n00b t00bs.. You'll know what I'm talking about if you play Enemy Territory.

#68 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 03:21 PM

Okay...too much TT, all the same mod. Each one is just an improvment over the last. leftnut had it first, then me, then grinch. That's enough.

I think just one should be entered. I'm dropping mine out of the contest right now. Otherwise, I'ma really need more time, Caddy. Atticus still hasn't sent that gun. Until I get it, I'm stuck with nothing. So...I say let Spanky take all of the time he wants.

And, lech, good looking gun. How well is that 2K on there?
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#69 lech

lech

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 05:16 PM

It's on pretty well, a shitload of hotglue and tape holds nicely :D.

Rag, you should try to improve you mod a bit (work an intergration perhaps?) rather than withdrawing it, as it's pretty darn good.

Lech.

#70 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 05:28 PM

Well, its good, but not good enough for the contest. I have something else in mind, but it involves a gun that's yet to arrive...my Crossbow. That will blow my last little thing out of the water. Really, all that is is a peice of information for the NIC. I just have to check my PMs at NHQ to see if there's a problem with sending that gun.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#71 wtrent10

wtrent10

• Banned
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 05:42 PM

Okay...too much TT, all the same mod. Each one is just an improvment over the last. leftnut had it first, then me, then grinch. That's enough.

and soon to be me.

MUAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

~James

#72 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 05:48 PM

Well, its good, but not good enough for the contest. I have something else in mind, but it involves a gun that's yet to arrive...my Crossbow. That will blow my last little thing out of the water. Really, all that is is a peice of information for the NIC. I just have to check my PMs at NHQ to see if there's a problem with sending that gun.

That's true, but I believe Cadmond said that we could submit the mod as long as it was different from a previous one. You couldn't submit a brass LnL mod, but you could submit a PTEG mod.

I have no idea what lefnut's is because he didn't do much of a writeup. I know mine is different than yours, however, because I used a 17/32 constricted barrel whereas you just used a normal 9/16 one. It's not much, but it is different.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#73 Cadmond

Cadmond

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 06:14 PM

I actually said submit anything you want, but you'll only be the "1337357" if you put time and effort into creating an original mod.

My opinions on this? Barrel replacements, just barrel replacements, aren't very original.
Integrations, overhauls, and internal meddling usually are. Folks, it's up to you.

Other than that, it's looking good everyone. Like I said rags, the contest end date is postponed indefinitely. So.. you have quite a bit of time, unless spanky puts up NHQ 5 days ago.

#74 Vassili

Vassili

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 07:36 PM

Yeah, Lech's gun is sure as hell winning right now. When is the due date for this contest? My past entries haven't been all that spectacular, just original mods that I liked. I think in a week or so I'll have a worthy entry.

Also, I was thinking that after this contest is over, that maybe this could be an ongoing thing. The "1337357" gun would kind of be like a heavyweight belt in wrestling, and you could have it as long is your gun was the coolest. Just an idea.
Foam Fortress Co-Webmaster

#75 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 07:31 PM

Stage ONE of my entry:

Stage One of Zeus

if the link doesnt work, the address is:

http://ubercrossbow.tripod.com

look at BOTh pics and read content plz
The Greek God of War