Photo

Proxy Servers?

2 replies to this topic

#1 rosebud

rosebud

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:21 PM

Hey everyone, I was wondering if any of you knew any good proxy servers, the college Im at blocks some stupid stuff that I need to use, so I was hoping some of you knew some good ones that worked around this sort of stuff.

Thanks

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:40 PM

If this is reference to you trying to bypass the proxy or firewall of the dorm you live in most lease agreements will be invalidated or you could be fined should you try to bypass their network security features.
Do it on your own dime.

http://www.publicproxyservers.com/

Proxy servers can only block content, or cache it for temporary hosting. If your school network blocks certain sites they do so because it would cause them considerable expense or liability to allow everyone access to those sites.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 12 April 2007 - 02:44 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:48 PM

Wow, I just had a flashback to Langley's old Super Soaker modded Nerf gun, dubbed the proxy server. That thing killed. It was a real LOSER rifle. The only nerf LOSER rifle I've ever seen. ......LOSER
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users