Asanine Ideas

Dump your crap here

8 replies to this topic

#1 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

has anybody ever switched a NF's red led with a regular one for a built in flashlight? when i do this, i think i'll drill out the AA holes so i can fit a 9V in there. maybe even take that stupid focus lens out.
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#2 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:34 PM

has anybody ever switched a NF's red led with a regular one for a built in flashlight? when i do this, i think i'll drill out the AA holes so i can fit a 9V in there. maybe even take that stupid focus lens out.

Yes, it's been done, in many, many ways. Make your own, then post about it.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#3 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:43 AM

OK, how about integrating a fart machine into a blastfire so everytime you hit the blast button it lets out a huge fart?

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:16 PM

Here's an idea: How about actually doing something instead of just talking about doing it.
And what an appropriate, if however misspelled, thread title.

as·i·nine
–adjective
1. foolish, unintelligent, or silly; stupid: It is surprising that supposedly intelligent people can make such asinine statements.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 07 April 2007 - 03:05 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:43 PM

I don't mean to backseat moderate, but i don't like when people dump crap on these forums. I like this place clean and filled with intelligent content. To the people who keep it this way, I can't thank you enough.

Disregarding the rather inappropriate title and description of this thread, yes, people have done that. Next time you would like to know something like this, I recommend the Search function (link in the upper right). While its not perfect, it gets the job done as long as you try to work with it.

Just thought I'd do my part since I'm not here often to contribute anything new...
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#6 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:14 PM

[/quote]

you apparently didn't see the 'ideas' part up there in the topic title, meaning none of these ideas may come into fruition, and they are for laughs and the bored, but thanks showing me it's been done.
this weekend i tried my idea, but i fucked it up(as usual), and now I'm one NF short of a decent arsenal.

[quote name='sporkboyofjustice' post='101925' date='Apr 7 2007, 06:43 AM']
OK, how about integrating a fart machine into a blastfire so everytime you hit the blast button it lets out a huge fart?
[/quote]

this kind kind of stuff i want put in this thread; stupid ideas.
who knows? one may be actually cool.

[quote name='CaptainSlug' post='101938' date='Apr 7 2007, 11:16 AM']
And what an appropriate, if however misspelled, thread title.
[quote]as·i·nine
–adjective
1. foolish, unintelligent, or silly; stupid: It is surprising that supposedly intelligent people can make such asinine statements.[/quote]
[/quote]

i don't know how i missed that earlier.

mura: i just needed something stupid to do this weekend, hoping somebody would post something doable.

Edited by themessiahpsg1, 09 April 2007 - 06:41 PM.

OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#7 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:31 PM

you apparently didn't see the 'ideas' part up there in the topic title, meaning none of these ideas may come into fruition, and they are for laughs and the bored, but thanks showing me it's been done.
this weekend i tried my idea, but i fucked it up(as usual), and now I'm one NF short of a decent arsenal.

You apparently didn't get the three separate hints that this forum isn't very big on "ideas that may not come to fruition" threads.

Edited by Carbon, 09 April 2007 - 11:31 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#8 Jergling

Jergling

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:23 PM

A few comments on this post,

1: Please search before you post about things that have been tried before. This is nothing new

2: I got flamed (and due to some fatigued/pneumonia induced deliria, flamed back) on my first post since I came back to the forums, don't feel bad.

3: Everyone else, I think he gets the point. My instinct is to protect other noobs from what happened to me on my thread. Like Murakumo, I don't mean to backseat moderate, but this looks like a potential 'punching-bag' forum, like my meaningless one. Maybe let him off with a warning? If he posts another ...what about... thread, that's the point where the flames become justified.
Save the NOOB, now declared an indangered species by the department of the redundancy department!

#9 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:07 PM

The lack of asinine ideas, despite the thread going on for a whole weekend, should be a blatant indicator that NerfHaven is a forum that generally is populated with people who deal more with reality, than with asinine ideas.

If you need something "stupid" to do on a weekend, you ought to get a part-time job. At least you can bring home some green for it.

Call it what you want, but here at NerfHaven, we tend to be more intentional about the hobby, focusing more on actually getting out and playing, fixin' up blasters, and putting our hare-brained ideas to the bench instead of just daydreaming on the forums.

May I recommend one of the so-called "lesser" Nerf forums, if not at the other popular forum over at NerfHQ. Though I don't know if Evil wants to have "asinine ideas" discussed there. I do think you'd have a heck of a lot more response there, then over here.

Give it a shot, you've got nothing to lose.

Especially since I'm going to....

*CHOP*
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users