New Style Nitemav

This thing is NOT like carrtoon's

27 replies to this topic

#1 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:08 PM

So today, I completed my first nitemav. It fires fast and powerfully, but it took a LOT of custom dremeling. It is kind of sloppy, but I am satisfied with it. It is clip modded, and can empty a clip in roughly 9 seconds.

Picture one: the gun; top view

Posted Image

The gun and clip

Posted Image

The clip itself

Posted Image

The gun with my custom painted, cpvc couplered AT3K

Posted Image

So, any questions?

Anyone want to take a shot to the balls with it?

That's what I thought.

-Sharpie

Edited by RaZeR_ShArP, 04 April 2007 - 04:24 PM.

"If only you could upgrade to a bigger one. Double the length and watch as others cower in fear of your balls." -Shadow Hunter Alpha

"I had just used some silicone spray on the plunger, and saw a nice increase in range. So I told my wife that lubing up makes my balls shoot further." -Carbon

#2 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:20 PM

I have killed 3 mavericks now from exessive dremeling...I know how you feel. I am actually tempted to ask for a price on that simply beause 10 bucks for a stock mav and the hassle of killing yet an other mav is not worth it. I would rather put some money into just paying someone to mod it. I don't seem to have time anymore to mod guns either. I mean, shit, I have to make darts for DCNO, my homemade Halo 2 Shotgun project hasn't a dremel turned on for it, and I still have to have a 20 page drawing set due by May 3rd with elevations and a floor plan. But anywho...what are the ranges on this thing? And how easy was it to make the clips for the gun. I have down a (the word 'a' meaning 1 and only 1) successfully removable mav turret.

Edited by LastManAlive, 02 April 2007 - 07:22 PM.

He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#3 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:31 PM

Mine is having the classic seal problem, but foam and some vaseline should fix that... I get about 65-70' when I press the turret against the air output.

-Sharpz
"If only you could upgrade to a bigger one. Double the length and watch as others cower in fear of your balls." -Shadow Hunter Alpha

"I had just used some silicone spray on the plunger, and saw a nice increase in range. So I told my wife that lubing up makes my balls shoot further." -Carbon

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:17 PM

How did you make the turrets removable, you seemed to have done it differently than I have....
I'll put mine up sometime soon.

Cool mod.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:40 PM

As for the seal problem, you can try buying some vinyl tubing and just put little slivers right over the barrel. And to keep from having to hold the turret back to get a seal, try putting a spring system on the front where the clips go onto play that apply pressure to force it back and form the seal. You might even want to go the extra mile and modify your clips further to launch off the blaster when you take it off. Maybe have the spring system go up into the turret about an inch or two somehow and when you go to take the turret off (assuming you are just depending on the hexigonal peice to hold it in place) the spring launches the turret off and you are ready to put a new one on.

But seriously, I haven't had time to run out to the nearest Wal-Mart (closer one stopped stocking Nerf guns for some odd reason...customer complaint I think) to get any guns. I would highly consider buying a Nitemav off you with 2 clips. 70 feet sounds pretty good to me for a maverick.

#6 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:21 PM

I don't know if any of the dumbfucks that didn't even look at this noticed, but I am one of the only people that actually has one of these that works..

Come on guys! This isn't just something like a nitefinder. I did something that was DIFFERENT, even though other people did it, I put my own spin on it...

Sorry. Im just really pissed that I spent all this time and nobody even gave it the time of day...

-Sharpz

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:26 PM

Sorry. Im just really pissed that I spent all this time and nobody even gave it the time of day...

The forum is slow this time of year. Chill.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:32 PM

Yeah, I know... Just almost got the shit kicked out of me at school, not the best day ever...

But that doesn't matter.

Anyways, To answer the earlier question , I just filed down the front grey thing till it was round and removed the back one. This lets it drop out without making the gun look like hell.

-Sharpz

#9 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:34 PM

Nevermind.

Edited by nerfer34, 04 April 2007 - 04:35 PM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#10 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:43 PM

your lucky. I want to make one, but im not just going to scrap a good nitefinder. But I will give in eventually. As for the removable turret, I did that but I just took all of the grey parts off. But Very very nice job Razor on the nitefinder.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#11 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:00 PM

Razor, seriously, take a chill pill. I mean, you did something pretty decent...don't get us wrong. It's a busy time of the year for a whole bunch of people. We have college members that are surely on spring break right now and I am sure some kids are trying to get as little school work to do before their breaks start as well. I myself am getting caught up from missing school and going on trips for SkillsUSA and whatnot...so just relax.

So, back on topic. Have you had any problems besides not getting the perfect seal yet?

#12 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:01 PM

Very nice Razer. This kicks ass, good range, nice ROF. Any cosmetic ideas yet?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#13 LnLKing

LnLKing

• Banned
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:34 PM

Very nice and from the looks of it clean,too. As for the seal you could A: glue a o-ring to the air output B: apply massive ammounts of lube before use or, C: find a way to glue a small section of vinyl tubing to the air output. Again great job!
This is my rifle there are many like it but this one is mine. Without me my rifle is nothing without my rifle I am nothing.AMEN.
SEMPER FI BIATCH!

If you want peace, prepare for war.

"To All Who Enter, May All Hope Be Lost..."

#14 funkyjake

funkyjake

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

Wait, I think I missed something. How is it so different from Carrtoon's? Removable clip?

Pretty snazzy, though. I dream of a working nite-mav, but I doubt I'd get a functioning one together. But fuck, if we're posting mods for the sole purpose of getting virtual back-pats and ass-kisses (and not for the simple pleasure of making these things), then that might be a symptom of something worse.

#15 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:13 PM

Nice work on the Nite Mav. Can we get internal pics? I'm almost done making mine, I'm just having problems with the catch spring.

#16 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:11 PM

.....if we're posting mods for the sole purpose of getting virtual back-pats and ass-kisses (and not for the simple pleasure of making these things), then that might be a symptom of something worse.

Man, someone actually form-a-lated my thoughts before they made their way to the keyboard.

It's nice and all, but no one (especially here at NerfHaven) is going to drop to their knees and bow to you. The most you'll get is a "looks good", or a range request. Just enjoy fixin' up your blasters.

The other stuff, you have to earn. Get to a Nerf event when you can, and mix it up with the big dogs. Many of the users here at NH are doing exactly that. I don't have the time nor the 4 grand to do that right now (get my family to the mainland to Nerf), but you never know when the opportunity may come!

Finished pictures are nice, yeah. But a detailed write-up with internal work pictures...well now that will get you some "atta-boys" from the gang. Think Captain Slug. Or Carbon. Forsaken_Angel24. Or even Carrtoon.

Let's see what makes yours so "special".

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#17 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:56 AM

Okay. I will make another one with a writeup, but it may be a while...

-Sharpz

#18 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:46 PM

woo hoo first post, now to my question:

i'm working on my nitemav but i can't seem to get the removable barrel to pop in right, ne suggestions?

Edited by chefdave, 29 April 2007 - 04:40 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#19 zoob

zoob

• Banned
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:21 AM

Nice job started a project just like that and Im glad to see someone did it first. Nice job im going to start soon.
:)

#20 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:49 PM

You have to make sure the spring is in there just right, on that rod that holds the barrels.

Good luck, hope it goes better than mine, which has now been completely remade...

-RZ

#21 hard rockr

hard rockr

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

So today, I completed my first nitemav. It fires fast and powerfully, but it took a LOT of custom dremeling. It is kind of sloppy, but I am satisfied with it. It is clip modded, and can empty a clip in roughly 9 seconds.

Posted Image

The gun and clip

Posted Image

The clip itself

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, any questions?

That's what I thought.

-Sharpie

could you get a picture or two of the internals, so i know how to follow the mod? That would be really hepful.
As Slash of GN'R says,"Any one can play guitar, but only the best can succeed."

#22 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:15 PM

It is clip modded, and can empty a clip in roughly 9 seconds.

If you can get six shots in nine secods that go aproximately 70 ft thats pretty good. It looks very clean too. Good job. :angry:
QUOTE View Post

About how much are you holding in the pictures on the spools?

A shit ton.

QUOTE(Langley @ Aug 6 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

The shot hit Andy squarely in the forehead. He was, in fact, on my team.

#23 hard rockr

hard rockr

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:49 PM

Posted Image

The gun and clip

Posted Image

The clip itself

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, any questions?

That's what I thought.

-Sharpie

pics of the internals wopuld be nice. And maybe some directions? thanks i'm a noob, but am trrying to follow carrtoons mod, but he gives no directions, so you should.
As Slash of GN'R says,"Any one can play guitar, but only the best can succeed."

#24 SM750

SM750

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:20 PM

This topic is 1 month and 5 days old.

Hard Rockr, u asked ur cuestion 2ice nd da intgrashon is self xplantory. Use the right spelling and capitalization. That one sentence took me longer then writing it normal. There is also no need to quote the whole post with pictures so next time instead of the pictures replace them with *snip*

If you can get six shots in nine secods that go aproximately 70 ft thats pretty good. It looks very clean too. Good job.

He's been complimented on it enough but it's not completely your fault because hard rockr bumped this and you probably didn't read the post date. Just check it next time.

Edited by SM750, 06 June 2007 - 06:22 PM.

Also, stop being such a Jew and buy PETG from me.

#25 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:01 AM

This isn't nearly as bad as some of the other threads that he's revived, some of which are one to two years old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users