CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:47 PM

Date: June 16th

10011 Glen Road, Potomac, Maryland 20854

Starting Time: 10am

Ending Time: After 6pm (once everyone is exhausted or just too sore to move anymore)

Lunch: Bring your own or go get it yourself. Nothing will be prearranged so it's all up to you.

Projected Weather: 85F - Sunny with High Humidity. Bring Sunscreen. I will have some with me.

Projected Headcount: 12-20

"Showed Up"

Crankymonky
THIRST
Captain Slug
Groove (+1-2)
RAMBO
Darkshrimp
Tailbone
Evil
NerfMonkey
*Fireshot*
Sourskttles772 (+ flameboy)
One Man Clan
Shorty
LastManAlive
shadowkid33

"Maybes"

Flaming Hilt
Razer_sharp
The Infinite Shindig
badger

Edited by CaptainSlug, 17 June 2007 - 11:08 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#2 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

Well so far it looks pretty promising. I assume you mean June for the dates? If so, early June might not be good for me as I don't konw when I get out of school on the dot right now. The other problem is a summer job possibility, so if I can avoid interviews and applications before the war (meaning it would be a month after I'm out of school) then I could make it. Making it towards the end of June or the summer period might not be the greatest thing for me. I will be coming to Maryland to visit, and when I do so, I will visit for 2 weeks straight and that would be it.

So the 2nd looks possible depending on school, and the 9th looks more surefire. I will see if we can get any access to J. P. Park in Lusby, Maryland, but I doubt it.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:51 PM

Maybe I missed something but what's wrong with old Wayside? Just convenience for you Steve?

I get out of school on the 9th/10th/11th. I'd prefer if it was after I get out but if not that's fine.

The first one with the huge playground looked good; the rest looked like a lot of open fields, which is totally #0|\/|03|z071(.
SexD Warves

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:56 PM

Maybe I missed something but what's wrong with old Wayside? Just convenience for you Steve?

Just researching potential alternatives.
I'm looking into ways of making temporary cover structures which we could use to augment Wayside. Or potentially other sites as well.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 29 March 2007 - 07:09 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:59 PM

The Pittsburgh Area Nerf Out is looking to be in late June. Perhaps we could have this in August?

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:00 PM

The Pittsburgh Area Nerf Out is looking to be in late June. Perhaps we could have this in August?

Okay...

Edited by CaptainSlug, 29 March 2007 - 07:03 PM.

#7 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

My August is shot to hell already, that won't work. There's also Apoc in August and I want to go to that; I couldn't go to two wars 5+ hours away in one month. And Steve will be gone for a month starting in June so July's out. I say we have it in June.
SexD Warves

#8 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:07 PM

I'm with Monkey on this one. I have a VERY high possibility of working with a close friend of mine who happens to have part ownership at a large architectual firm here. No way in hell will I miss that opportunity to work there let alone make the kind of money an aprentice would get. And the other thing about that is the fact that I will be taking some courses this summer through small community and technical colleges that will count as credits towards college in other classes and/or it will fill an elective for me at the college I am looking into. I start those in late July, so August would be out for me too.

On another note, I called my school and got a close enought end of school date. Last day should be on the June 7th, so there is a possibility I could take off that weekend right away and make the 9th. If not, I can leave the week after (14th/15th) and definitely make the 23rd. So, the 9th is close for me and it is pending the date of out of school...I can hopefully even skip the 5th and 6th depending on if I have to take finals. In that time I would be preping and whatnot. If there is anything I can think to bring for the occasion, I'll try. I can possibly get my dad to barrow a large gatorade coller or two from work and I can pick a huge, ultra savings pack of gatorade mix at the awesome discount of 35% at Sams club. Sorry if I put the gatorade dude out of the picture.

9th and 23rd are looking super for me so far.

#9 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:54 PM

Later June is best for me. Earlier June involves finals. Any more info on that cheap hotel? That's the only way my mom will let me go.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#10 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:03 PM

One Man Clan, Dark Shrimp, and I just stayed at a Motel 6 about 30 minutes away from Wayside(location of all previous DCNO's). For one room with 2 beds it was about 65 a night. I slept on the floor :( .

However, if we change venues, which, I'm not at all sure likely will happen, that may not work for the new location. Isn't it a VERY long drive from MN though, regardless?

#11 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:42 PM

Is it really still a DCNO when it isn't very close to DC?
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#12 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:12 PM

Isn't it a VERY long drive from MN though, regardless?

*Shrug* yea, but I'm going to start coming to the big ones eventually, so may as well begin now. I can probably get some clan members to come and share gas, or maybe my dad will drive me down there. He's weird like that.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#13 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:53 PM

One Man Clan, Dark Shrimp, and I just stayed at a Motel 6 about 30 minutes away from Wayside(location of all previous DCNO's). For one room with 2 beds it was about 65 a night. I slept on the floor :( .

Whether the venue gets changed or not I could probably work out letting all distance travelers crash in my basement. I live in a four bedroom house and breakfast would be provided before we carpool to the war.

Is it really still a DCNO when it isn't very close to DC?

The "D.C. area" is huge due to the technology firms that have moved in around Dulles Intl.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 31 March 2007 - 12:23 PM.

#14 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:54 PM

June is good for me, I should be able to make it. I have no life, so I could probably make it anytime through the summer (except in early July, like the 1st through the 9th)

-Sharp
"If only you could upgrade to a bigger one. Double the length and watch as others cower in fear of your balls." -Shadow Hunter Alpha

"I had just used some silicone spray on the plunger, and saw a nice increase in range. So I told my wife that lubing up makes my balls shoot further." -Carbon

#15 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:21 AM

My August is shot to hell already, that won't work. There's also Apoc in August and I want to go to that; I couldn't go to two wars 5+ hours away in one month. And Steve will be gone for a month starting in June so July's out. I say we have it in June.

Boom. NerfMonkey brought up the fact that the East Coast annual is held in August. Not sure what that would do to people's schedule to have two wars to attend. DCNO seems fine for June.

April: ECNO
May: LCM Summer Tune-Up
June: DCNO
July: ECNO
August: Apoc
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#16 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 12:26 PM

June 16th is already looking to be the most desirable date.
Anyone traveling from a distance that would like to save a little money will be more than welcome to crash at my place. Just shoot me a PM. It's a 4-bedroom house with a huge basement and one guest room, which Nerfmonkey's mom and OMC have first dibs on. How many people I can lodge will depend on when my sister's surgery gets scheduled.

Hotels in this area are all rather stupidly priced with $65 to $74 a night being the base and $110/night being the average.
THE cheapest hotel in the entire area seems to be the one out near me at $54 a night.

Suburban Extended Stay
45510 East Severn Way
Sterling, VA, US, 20166

I stayed there while my house was being professionally cleaned in January. Only downside to staying there or my house is they're both out near Dulles Intl, which is a 30-40 minute drive from Potomac, Maryland should we hold the war at Wayside again.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 31 March 2007 - 12:46 PM.

#17 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 12:34 PM

My parents would probably let me crash at your place, Slug, as long as its okay with you...

Well, if its okay, let me know.

-Sharpz
"If only you could upgrade to a bigger one. Double the length and watch as others cower in fear of your balls." -Shadow Hunter Alpha

"I had just used some silicone spray on the plunger, and saw a nice increase in range. So I told my wife that lubing up makes my balls shoot further." -Carbon

#18 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:52 PM

Well, if its okay, let me know.

I'll keep you posted.

#19 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:59 PM

Chances are I'd be coming with Hersh, but if not I live in PA, just to let you know.

You can make your own title for the war too, it doesn't have to be DCNO.

#20 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:34 PM

NQDCNO

Not quite the District of Columbia Nerf Out.

But, was there some complaint for the gauntlet? Not that I've ever heard! But on a serious note, the few places you posted pictures of, seemed very, very open. Open field nerfing just ain't my thing.
Tyranny Response Team

#21 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:39 PM

Open field nerfing just ain't my thing.

Agreed.

I called some county park authorities and parks are pretty much out of the question. They would cost a silly amount of money to get a permit and then there still would be no guarantee that we would have the park to ourselves.
So Wayside will be the location for this one.
However, I do have a potential indoor location we could use in the winter which might help improve attendance of that event.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 01 April 2007 - 05:47 PM.

#22 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:53 PM

Date and Location have been solidified.

#23 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:04 PM

To what may I ask?

#24 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:34 PM

June 16th, Wayside Elementary, 10am

Just as the first post says.

#25 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:41 PM

General rule of thumb, first post is always updated for quick access to vital info about a war.
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users