Photo

Has There Been A Brass Barrel Mod For The Maverick?

8 replies to this topic

#1 OmegaTofuNinja

OmegaTofuNinja

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:32 PM

If so, whoops for making this topic. I did a few searches, nothing really came up. If not, would it be practical at all? I've got free time today, some brass, and an old Maverick, so I'm thinking about doing it if it'll help at all.

#2 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:51 PM

Here is a link that talks a little about Mav barrel mods. You might want to read it to learn of some of the gun's other perilous problems.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#3 OmegaTofuNinja

OmegaTofuNinja

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:59 PM

Ah, gotcha.

#4 Master Yogurt

Master Yogurt

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:25 PM

Out of all the mods, I'd say that a Mav barrel replacement is the most pointless. The mav already has excellent barrels (that fit my stefans perfectly), and any tighter seems to be a mistake. I'd suggest a simple restrictor removal by hammering out the pegs through the holes in the back of the barrels, which is far less risky than removing them and filling the gaps with hot glue and works at least as well.
Come to PANO!

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back. The Trooper

#5 OmegaTofuNinja

OmegaTofuNinja

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:26 PM

Yeah, the restrictor removal was going to be done today anyway, I was just looking for something more to do. Oh well.

#6 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

I wouldn't bother. I brassed a Maverick, and it gave me about 5'. $15 in brass and 2 hours of labor for 5' in range? Definitely not worth it.

It was a good mod, too, in case you were wondering. I took my time and it was clean and nice.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#7 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 04:17 PM

You could make the turret able to flip out all the way. That's a cool mod. And put a spring in front of the turret to push it back against the plunger for a better seal.

#8 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:19 PM

Agreed. Do anything but brass it. Brassing is a waste of time; doing all that other stuff Hasbro neglected to do is easy and effective.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#9 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:24 PM

I brassed a Mav once and got the same result as Flaming Hilt, pretty much nothing.

Biggest waste of brass.

Ever.
Ride it like it's stolen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users