Photo

Nerf Tech Target

12 replies to this topic

#1 Marine

Marine

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:36 PM

I've just realized that the Tech Target gun is exactly like the scout.
The look is the same but can anybody tell me how the gun is. It's specs stock without any mods. And if it is the same as a scout turn me over to some mods. I'm going to do it by the book and not screw this scout up if I get it. Just the paint job is a little...different.

#2 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:15 PM

I've just realized that the Tech Target gun is exactly like the scout.

And if it is the same as a scout turn me over to some mods.

Just the paint job is a little...different.

You answered your own question. Yes, it is the same as the scout. If you don't want to screw it up just take a pair of pliers and pull out the barrel pole to fire stefans. You don't even need to open the gun. You can't do much to the scout to improve it any more so let it as it is.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#3 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:41 PM

Marine, we don't usually "point" anyone in any direction here, unless it's out the door with a 9999 special. That's what the search function is for. Do a little homework before asking everyone to throw you a bone. It doesn't work that way here.

PS the Scout is a POS. Get yourself a nitefinder.
I hate you.

#4 nube

nube

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:42 PM

Marine, we don't usually "point" anyone in any direction here, unless it's out the door with a 9999 special. That's what the search function is for. Do a little homework before asking everyone to throw you a bone. It doesn't work that way here.

PS the Scout is a POS. Get yourself a nitefinder.

Way to go OMC. I modified my scout and it might get 5 more feet than when stock, and it's a lot louder without the benefit of range. Get a nitefinder indeed. Way more power, and if you can integrate it into a Mav, you will have a way better gun than the scout could ever be, even with heavy, I mean ULTRA HEAVY mods. It's not worth it. Also, I think anybody with half a brain could notice the tech target is a different paintjob on the scout.
QUOTE(One Man Clan @ Mar 6 2007, 04:59 AM) View Post

I really should reevaluate my Nerf carreer. I have been ultimated multiple times in a war, shot by a girl with an arced NF, and EMBARASSED by a 6 year old in quidditch on xbox. What am I doing with my life?

#5 Marine

Marine

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:45 PM

I was only pointing the colour out, just settle.

But I looked at walmart and target websites and couldn't find the NF. So I mean I'll get a NF if I see it but if not I'll get the Scout with the dumb target even though its double the price.

And I did search and I found Ompa's but I didn't find it satisfactory. I guess I'm just dumb for not understanding that. If I do get it I'll just take the peg out.

Edited by Marine, 20 March 2007 - 07:46 PM.

#6 TheCheatIsNotDead

TheCheatIsNotDead

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:34 PM

There really is next to nothing you can do to the scout. It's worthless in a fight. Pick a NF, or ANY other gun, do yourself a favor.

NF = Awesome

Scout = Fail

Mav = Mostly Fail

Magstrike = Depends

LongShot = Awesome

BBB = Awesome

Titan = Depends

Try to find a BBB or LS if you can. NF's are the staple of your arsenal, you really should get some ASAP.

~TCIND
It is impossible to govern a country with 120 different types of cheese.

#7 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:06 PM

But I looked at walmart and target websites and couldn't find the NF. So I mean I'll get a NF if I see it but if not I'll get the Scout with the dumb target even though its double the price.

Are you sure you looked for the Nitefinder? It's one of, if not, the most common Nerf gun out there. The newer ones have a yellow/gray color scheme.

And, instead of getting the Scout with the target, I'd recommend getting either that Strikefire set (2 Crossfires) without the vests that someone was talking about. Or get the Tech Target Gun. The TTG has some nice power, somewhere around a NF.

Edit: I disagree on the Magstrike. It is an awsome gun if you can mod it correctly. Look at Angel's Magstrike mod. The Mav can be good if you have a slow RoF primary. When I use Pump Shotgun/Maverick I'll shoot someone with the Pump Shotgun then ditch it and rush with the Maverick.

Edited by Retiate, 20 March 2007 - 11:10 PM.

#8 Marine

Marine

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:44 PM

I'll check again on it. And I already have a NF its is absolutely wonderful...especially with stefans.

#9 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:52 PM

...especially with stefans.

REALLY? is it?

PS, don't tell me to settle anything, unless it's a gambling debt.
I hate you.

#10 Marine

Marine

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:22 PM

Why does everybody like to yell at everybody for just saying something. I mean if I starting saying cuss words then yea I could see how I could get smarted back to. But I may have said some obvious things but....honestly what is the point? Is it to gain some self esteem? Oh look the noob said something obvious I'll think I'll go and mess with him just to get my post count higher....whatever.

Oh and a report. I went to walmart and they indeed did have the NF. I just couldn't find it on the site. Wonder why they change the colours? To get more sales I guess.

#11 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:35 AM

Well fuck-shit-jesus, you're right, we should only yell at fucking idiots when they offend us with their goddamn cuss words. It's completely fucking ridiculous for people to get pissed when some fucker comes and says something as groundbreakingly retarded as "hey the TTG looks like a scout"

I completely agree with you Marine.

(I realize that the whole saying something with the word fuck a bunch 'o times in response to someone talking about swearing is a bit hackneyed but I feel it was needed)

#12 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:54 AM

wow! I would have never compared them! they do have a lot in comon!
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#13 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:59 AM

This is old! Don't post in topics a month or two old, especially when you hvae nothing to contribute.
I'm trying to help you out. Fix your grammar too.

Edited by nerfer34, 28 April 2007 - 10:59 AM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users