Photo

Titan Special Rules

9 replies to this topic

#1 Marine

Marine

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:01 PM

Now basically looking at the titan it's one big nerf gun that only has one shot, then virtually useless. In turn making no one wanting to use the gun during actual wars. Maybe just to shoot someone when they walk in the room but by no terms for wars.

So I was hoping I could catch somebody that had made up special rules for the Titan. Maybe a 5 yard radius of destruction where it hits. Paralyzes anyone near it for 20 seconds or ANYTHING!
I just need to find a use for it besides just shooting someone in the face when they walk in your room.
Maybe they could have a sword with the titan while no one else has one...

#2 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:08 PM

...it's one big nerf gun that only has one shot, then virtually useless.

That would be the definition of the Titan. I got one to single and shoot targets and such, just for messing around. Singled Titans are banned from almost all the major wars, being able to reach ranges around the 200' mark.
People have shotgunned Titans so they are less powerful and more useful. Shotgunned Titans are allowed in more wars too.

#3 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • State:California
  • Mad Artisan Labs on Youtube

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:37 PM

In my personal opinion, nearly stock titans are a Blast for use during CTF rounds, nothing scares away flag runners more than titan missile to the crotch (Which happens to be one of the funniest damn things you'll see at a nerf war). When used with a Shotgunned weapon as a secondary, a titan is a formidable flag defense weapon.

-bags

Edited by baghead, 16 March 2007 - 05:40 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#4 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:56 PM

We use my singled titan at point blank, wanna fight about it? For the rocket, it may cause more trouble than it's worth because people will argue that they were outside the "blast". Using one in a scenario game to destroy an objective may be a better way to go.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#5 Marine

Marine

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:08 PM

Well since I don't have the courage nor feel like modding a Titan as a shotgun......I wont do it.

Oh and assume this little skirmish is a 3 v 3 only one weapon deal. No side arms.

I'm open to more rules to it but if it were up to me here would be my rules so far: The Titan user gets a sword.....and the missile is like a grenade. If it were a grenade going off would you be hit by it? If so, then your dead. Though that would lead to many arguements...

#6 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:12 PM

I agree with Flamebo388.. people will just argue about if they are in the blast radius or not.

The titan may have a long ROF but you can do stuff like make it single pump (search for Single-Pump Titan) with a magazine (search for Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle).

But still though, if you only have 1 shot and if you do hit the person, they will be down for a while. Which will probably make the long ROF worth it.

#7 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:27 AM

Having any type of grenade makes the gun highly overpowered. It will just become a rushing weapon. People need to learn how to use the titan for base defence. I usually but down my sm500 and my magstrike, pumped, next to me and use my Jethawk (Equivelent power to a titan.) and rain fire while having a backup for when they get too close. I've fended off attacks of two people that are actually good with just my jethawk.

#8 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:07 AM

As the host of DCNO, I've given it some thought.

Ban it.

The titan hurts, causes pain, bodily harm, and other various ailments. It's rumored to be the source of carbonization.

Unless of course, something is done to limit it's power, for example, shotgunning it.

Posted Image

EDIT: T-Clip
Or this odd form of clip, I believe it was dubbed a "T-Clip," it reduced the range of the titan while giving a faster ROF.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

http://nerfhaven.com...c=2823&hl=titan
Even more ways to reduce its power.

Reducing the power is key.

Edited by Crankymonky, 19 March 2007 - 02:14 AM.

Tyranny Response Team

#9 SM750

SM750

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:56 PM

The titan may have a long ROF but you can do stuff like make it single pump (search for Single-Pump Titan) with a magazine (search for Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle).

I searched for Single-Pump Titan and nothing came up. Could you please give me a link to it. Also, to make the Titan have a better rate of fire you could make it a mini titan and put the pump under the trigger. If it's a duel action pump then it would take like five pumps to get a decent range. Then put a bolt action clip on that. That would work.

Edited by SM750, 19 March 2007 - 03:00 PM.

Also, stop being such a Jew and buy PETG from me.

#10 TheCheatIsNotDead

TheCheatIsNotDead

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:55 PM

Making a Shotgun mod for the Titan is actually remarkably simple. Having interchabgable shotgun barrels doesn't improve the RoF (it'll be about 15-20 secs probably), but it'll make it a formidable defense weapon.

Not useful at all in a 3 on 3 war, but on something bigger, it's a force to be reconed with.

~TCIND
It is impossible to govern a country with 120 different types of cheese.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users