Good 'ole Stefans

For stock guns

9 replies to this topic

#1 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 02:42 PM

I read on ebay that normal tagger darts will not work with a Fireflu Rev-8. Will stefans? I don't want to go and buy a gun if stefans will not work. Obviously they will not glow in the dark, but regardless. I don't own a Rev-8 yet, but I might be interested in purchasing one if it is stefan compatible.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#2 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

Taggers will not work in the firefly simply because they're slightly too long and rub up against the turret and halt the auto rotation mechanism. It won't fire stefans unless you do a basic peg or air restrictor removal.

Hope I helped

-Butt

Edited by King Of Butt Land, 14 March 2007 - 03:05 PM.

QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:05 PM

Any dart gun is Stefan compatible if you remove the restrictors. It will still suck though, especially considering a Magstrike can get about the same ranges if not better and has a higher ROF.

That's just my opinion, having only seen my friend's stock and modded FF. You may think differently after buying one, but I'd advise against doing that.
SexD Warves

#4 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:51 PM

Exactly what NerfMonkey said. ANY nerf gun is stefan compatible(sp?) once you remove the AR's and pegs. I've modded my cousins Firefly. It's a *itch trying to get the turret apart. But the ranges aren't pretty good(I guess I did a crap job of a mod on it) But if it was to be modded properly, it should shoot far. Hope this helps.

Edited by nerfboi, 14 March 2007 - 03:57 PM.

We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#5 Jergling

Jergling

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:11 PM

I don't own a Rev-8 yet.

Keep it that way.

I've tried one of these things, my 6 year old cousin has one. Modding it would bring it up to stock standards.

Honestly, this is a nerf gimmick to make a "laser-blaster" targeted for the little kids who play with nerf guns.

Stefans would fire out of it with AR removal, but, again, the power is minimal. Glowing suction-darts (excuse my reiteration of previous posts please) have very large tips, but are short enough for them to be set back in the turret.

Tagger darts are longer, so their large heads obstruct the annoying little beam that comes accross the revolver at one point to hold the center of the turret.

Even if taggers worked in this gun, the firepower and ROF value isnt worth the money.
Save the NOOB, now declared an indangered species by the department of the redundancy department!

#6 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:16 PM

Fireflys aren't that bad. I personally like the feel of the gun. It has a nice, comfortable stock and the trigger is in the front of the gun giving you a tighter grip. The shell is also perfect for intergrations. As you can see here, you can do what Cartoon did to his DTG, except with a firefly. You can also do these two mods to the turret and replace the spring with an industrial grade spring. That should get ranges up to 55' to 65'.

But if you don't plan on modding it at all you can always just use Falcon's darts. They're shorter than than normal darts because they don't the velcroe tip and they have already have a hole in them so you don't have to take out the air resticters.

#7 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:22 PM

Sounds like an all-round piece 'a shit. Definitely not buying it after all these reviews. Thanks for all your help.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#8 Master Yogurt

Master Yogurt

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:37 PM

A friend of mine bought the Firefly and he likes it. The feel of the gun is excellent, and that's one thing I have to give Hasbro. It's got a good size, and it's easy to add a strap, or integrate something else... Modding it is indeed a bear; in fact, I was never even able to get the turret apart myself. I hammered out the pegs with a thin screwdriver and a hammer, and from what I've seen, I got ranges at least as good as a full restrictor removal. Probably about 40', I can't remember.

I'd recommend the Magstrike over it if you're looking for a multi-shot gun. It's more expensive, but gets at least as good ranges with a higher capacity and just as much comfort holding-wise.

It's not a piece of shit, it just isn't awesome, and there's not much to do to it modding-wise.
Come to PANO!

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back. The Trooper

#9 Master Yogurt

Master Yogurt

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:38 PM

*server lag made a double post*

Edited by Master Yogurt, 16 March 2007 - 02:44 PM.

Come to PANO!

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back. The Trooper

#10 bigbob

bigbob

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:34 AM

Tagger darts can be used in a stock firefly if you cut off 1/2" of the body on each one. The same goes for a maverick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users