Possible Mav/tt Integration?

Nitemav with TT plunger

3 replies to this topic

#1 Sinewav

Sinewav

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:26 PM

I was taking apart my brother's Tech Target, and it seems to me that the gun is basically a Nitefinder with a stronger spring and a better plunger/plunger tube seal. It easily gets better ranges stock. This gave me the idea to possibly make myself a Nitemav/Mavfinder, except with the TT tube, plunger and spring.

Anyone had experience with this particular gun? I'd like to get other peoples' opinions on this idea before I go out and drop 15 of my precious dollars on one of these babies.
Jose, can I have permission to fire?

#2 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:12 PM

Yeah, it should work fine. It's still going to be a very difficult integration to do though, I only know of a few people who have working nitemavs. Be prepared to spend more money and time than you think you will need.
"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#3 Sinewav

Sinewav

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:50 PM

I actually (almost) completed a Nitemav about a month ago. The only issue I had was getting the plunger tube to fit in the Maverick's casing. Then I got impatient , dremeled the crap out of it, and tried to do some sort of makeshift combination of the nitefinder and the maverick body... which of course failed horribly, but looks hilarious.

The tech target tube is actually slightly thinner and a bit longer, so I think it might fit easier than the nitefinder's.

Any tips or suggestions on how to get the trigger mechanism to work well? I didn't get that far last time, but it looks like it might be a bit of a pain.
Jose, can I have permission to fire?

#4 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:08 PM

I actually (almost) completed a Nitemav about a month ago. The only issue I had was getting the plunger tube to fit in the Maverick's casing. Then I got impatient , dremeled the crap out of it, and tried to do some sort of makeshift combination of the nitefinder and the maverick body... which of course failed horribly, but looks hilarious.

The tech target tube is actually slightly thinner and a bit longer, so I think it might fit easier than the nitefinder's.

Any tips or suggestions on how to get the trigger mechanism to work well? I didn't get that far last time, but it looks like it might be a bit of a pain.

Yeah, that part's the reason I said that it was hard to do. The mav's shell isn't designed for a tt's trigger. Just have lots of patience and a steady hand. The catch will be another pain in the ass.
"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users