Frozen Plasticine - Bb Like Ammunition

They replaced my stefans for sure.

33 replies to this topic

#26 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:56 AM

Somebody mentioned using vaseline/petroleum jelly in the mold to prevent sticking. Anybody had problems with the plasticine sticking in their barrels? If you used brass, vaseline will work excellent, with no effect at all. And people say that since vaseline and plastic are both petroleum products, that they should not be used in conjunction with one another, but that is not true. Vaseline will not hurt your plastic or PVC/CPVC barrels at all. Didn't know if friction was problem, just thought this would help maintain a tighter seal, thus resulting in better ranges an accuracy.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#27 kaiman299

kaiman299

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:11 AM

After a quick google search, I found that there are also many different colors of plasticine. Off to the hobby shop...

#28 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:08 PM

For God's sake, it's over a month old. Learn to read time signatures.
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#29 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:58 PM

He said something that had a point. Stop being an asshole to him.

-Sharpie
"If only you could upgrade to a bigger one. Double the length and watch as others cower in fear of your balls." -Shadow Hunter Alpha

"I had just used some silicone spray on the plunger, and saw a nice increase in range. So I told my wife that lubing up makes my balls shoot further." -Carbon

#30 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:00 PM

My sincere apologies. I assumed people know that plasticine comes in different colours (people actually didn't know that?!). Perhaps way back in grade 2 if they ate less and played more the would realize that different colours exist.

Edited by Prometheus, 17 April 2007 - 02:01 PM.

#31 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:15 PM

After patiently hoping that this topic would die off, being that no one other than Nerfy_BuNNy has been using frozen modelling clay as ammunition, it was revived, and Prometheus brought it up.

I doubt anyone else will be using the ammo as a substitute for stefan darts. After all, if we did want to play paintball, most of us would grab our gear and go PBing.

There've been so many attempts to make a "safe", or a "mess-free" paintball type sport, and after different tries (the most recent being the Battle M.A.X. series), the jury is pretty much unanimous; Paintball is paintball, airsoft is airsoft, Nerf is nerf, so on and so forth.

But it's creative to say the least, though I wouldn't be using it in any of my Nerf weapons.

The only additional posts should be about someone else actually using plasticine clay as ammo. Other than that, puh.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#32 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:35 PM

Okay. At any rate, my friend had a bit leftover from a project and we tried it out. Room temperature ones went about 140' out of a singled '3k (about a 25 foot improvement!) but the frozen ones were only getting about... 120'. I am guessing that the balls shrink when frozen (like other things do) enough to make a difference...

Oh, and do you think they would get brittle?

-Sharpz
"If only you could upgrade to a bigger one. Double the length and watch as others cower in fear of your balls." -Shadow Hunter Alpha

"I had just used some silicone spray on the plunger, and saw a nice increase in range. So I told my wife that lubing up makes my balls shoot further." -Carbon

#33 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:43 PM

Oh, and do you think they would get brittle?

Probably, but I wouldn't be shooting them at stuff when they are that cold. Also, how was the accuracy for you? Did they curve to the sides, or seem to deform in flight?
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#34 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:48 PM

With 18" of brass. the accuracy is not bad, but with 10", it is terrible. The longer the barrel, the better. It adds a new element to target shooting...

The balls rarely curve at all with the 18" of brass, so that is what I would use. 9/16" is what I am using.

-Sharpie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users