Photo

Hit/kill Ratio

8 replies to this topic

#1 PennyWise

PennyWise

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:54 PM

So here's my problem. Me and usually around five other people I know will get together and have a small war on about an acre of land. I say we should do one hit kills, it seems more reasonable to me to think that once you get hit you're out, and that you don't have to worry about keeping track of how many times you got hit. The other people that I play with like to do two-four hits for a kill. So I guess all I'm asking for is opinions, how many hits do you play per kill and why do you think thats the way to do it.

#2 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:59 PM

Mix it up. My buddies and I will play with one hit sometimes and others we'll play with 3 or 4. Usually it just depends on how much time we have, and how intense we want it to get. If we're pressed for time and just want to have a quick war, we'll go with one hit. But when we have a whole afternoon ahead of us, we'll set up a battlefield and play with 3+ hits to keep things moving.

Give everyone a chance at what they enjoy. It's going to keep it fun for everyone, and you may find that you'll enjoy playing with more/less hits.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#3 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

Depends on the game. For anything smaller we usually do 1-2 hits and for larger things 3 hits. We almost never do more than three hits because it takes too long and is hard to keep track of. But again, depends on the game. Just do whatever works best.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#4 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:18 PM

Usually when I have small nerf wars in my neighborhood we only have 2 hits. But 1 to the head and your dead. (Haha that rhymed). Anyway so if you are having a small war give that a try. It is very fun. But I agree with FH that 3 hits would be the most I would want to play with at a big war because it would take way too long.
QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#5 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:28 PM

Usually when I have small nerf wars in my neighborhood we only have 2 hits. But 1 to the head and your dead. (Haha that rhymed). Anyway so if you are having a small war give that a try. It is very fun. But I agree with FH that 3 hits would be the most I would want to play with at a big war because it would take way too long.

I don't like to promote headshots... so I usually count getting hit anywhere as one hit.

Me and my friends usually play juggernaut. One person has 2-3 hit points, and the other people have 1 hit point, and have to try to shoot him and become the juggernaut. It's alot of fun.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#6 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:42 PM

Me and my friends usually play juggernaut. One person has 2-3 hit points, and the other people have 1 hit point, and have to try to shoot him and become the juggernaut. It's alot of fun.

Like in Halo 2?

Anyway, the most I've ever played with at one time was about four people, so I just shot them until someone had to go home. However, the milsims out there probably want a realistic way to count hits (I.e. if you get shot somewhere, you can't use that body part, headshots and vital spots are instant kills, etc.).
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#7 PennyWise

PennyWise

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:10 PM

Wow, thanks. That helped alot. I've got some new ideas and am gonna see what the guys think, again I appreciate it.

#8 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:47 PM

Like in Halo 2?

Anyway, the most I've ever played with at one time was about four people, so I just shot them until someone had to go home. However, the milsims out there probably want a realistic way to count hits (I.e. if you get shot somewhere, you can't use that body part, headshots and vital spots are instant kills, etc.).

Halo 2 isn't the only game with juggernaut... but yeah, like Halo 2.

Me and my friends tried the "you get shot in the arm, you can't use it, etc," a long time ago and it sucked. It was way too confusing and people cheated alot. (And encouraging people to aim for the head just adds extra pain.)

Probably dead by now, or something.

#9 TheCheatIsNotDead

TheCheatIsNotDead

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:40 PM

Our Nerf Club almost always plays with 2 hits, and headshots are instant kills.

We also have Nerf Knives, which are instant kills, but can only be used once.

It works pretty well, but the club keeps getting bigger, so we may end up experimenting with more some time.

~TCIND
It is impossible to govern a country with 120 different types of cheese.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users