The Salvo, when pumped, didn't seem to be doing anything at all, either pumping or holding air. So, first solution was to saw off the end of pump tube and replace the O-ring. Basic stuff.
Everything I read about the Big Salvo said that air output is huge, so I didn't bother plugging the pump.
The next repair involved the trigger. The BS has a small plunger with an o-ring on the end that passes over valves inside a tube. That causes the barrels to fire individually. This O-ring had the same problem as the pump o-ring, it had seemed to wear out and become too narrow. Problem was, I didn't have an o-ring to replace it. Being a lazy Saturday, I wanted to rig a way to fix it that didn't involve going anywhere and hunting through o-rings. The solution involved e-tape.
Since the o-ring hadn't rotted, I cut off a narrow strip and wound it around the channel. This gave the o-ring enough lift to make a good seal.
On to the last problem:
One of the barrel hoses had broken clean off the valve. The fix involved a short length of 1/8" brass tube.
I cut off the piece of tube with the broken pipe in it, and wrapped e-tape on the brass until it was a snug fit. I then drilled out the broken hole on the valve to 1/8". The fussy part of this fix is that the brass tubing can't be inserted too far into the valve, or it blocks the action. After I had it inserted correctly, I sealed it up with hot glue. (This fix is similar to my Wildfire fix.)
The finished fix:
This gun Owns. As of right now, I've only cut off the air restrictors, and haven't replaced the barrels yet. But you can actually shove stock micros down the barrels, and they fly. I'm looking forward to brassing this beast...Splitfire on Steroids!
Edited by Carbon, 03 March 2007 - 06:26 PM.