Watch Out Ebayers

Just A Heads Up

2 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

Well I was selling my X-Box on ebay(because I nnow have 360) and someone told me to end the auction I'll pay _____. So I looked up their Feedback and it was 100% but only 6 people left it on them. SO I figured to=he most I could lose was the insertion fee was like $2.50 and even then I could relist it. So I ended the auction.

The person's emails sound very elaborate and easily believeable. The person said they were dealing with WESTERN UNION. With Western Union, the seller supposivly sends the money and then the seller(me) must sship the item and give western union the tracking number. At this point I thought that the person was fraudulant. So I looked it up and its a real thing, BUT I looked at peopl's comments on it and they say that it is INSECURE.

And I now refuse to take payment from Western Union.

SO DON"T TAKE PAYMENT FROM WESTERN UNION.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#2 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:52 PM

I’m not sure how this is a scam against you. All the Western Union eBay scams I’ve heard of involve the seller asking for payment through WU….but since the buyer wanted to use it, you could be sure to have cash in hand before you sent your Xbox.

How is it a scam? Saying not to take Western Union implies that Western Union as a whole is unsafe...which I can't see if you're the one receiving the money.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, I just bought a magstrike and AT3K off ebay, and most sellers will only take paypal or money orders, due to insecure cheques or problematic international bank transfers. So really, get a money order sent, it costs $5 in Canada, and it guarantees that the seller gets the money, as long as they receive it in the mail.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users