The Most Awesome Gun I Own...

and it's a Larami Gun?

28 replies to this topic

#1 Redbeard

Redbeard

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:11 PM

Once again I declare my love for the local thrift store. I saw this gun today and HAD to have it and once you look at it you'll know why. I don't know much about it (not even its name) all I know is it was made by Larami in 2001 and it holds 20, yes 20 darts. Here's the beauty of the whole situation not only is it very similar to the PowerClip in its pumping and firing but it actually holds and fire nerf micros (rather well too I might add). Actually it shoots better than a PowerClip in my opinion because you can fire in bursts much better since there isn't a clip that keeps falling down. So without further rambling here she is in all here plastic glory...

Posted Image

Beautiful isn't it? I haven't removed posts or air restrictors yet and I may not. I don't want to risk messing this thing up. There's a yellow dial near the front of the gun, I don't know if it does any good or not. I'll mess with that later. So does anyone know it's name? What do you guys think?

#2 vanpaun

vanpaun

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:18 PM

Redbeard, this gun is known as a RF20 (rapidfire 20) if you want more Toys R Us carries them for like $20. Yes they are pretty fun to shoot people with, but in a real war reloading can be a hassle.
QUOTE("One Man Clan@Oct 11 2007 @ 07:40 PM)

...And people wonder why the Front Page at NH is all posts from admins about dumb fucking members...

#3 TT

TT

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:19 PM

Beautiful isn't it? I haven't removed posts or air restrictors yet and I may not. I don't want to risk messing this thing up. There's a yellow dial near the front of the gun, I don't know if it does any good or not. I'll mess with that later. So does anyone know it's name? What do you guys think?

A: There are two copies of this thread, so you might wanna toss one to the side in order to stay out of trouble.
B: The dial to the front switches fire speeds, one setting fires all of the darts rapidly, the setting goes slower so you can use the gun more efficiently.
C: That gun is the "RapidFire 20," you can get it at Toys 'R Us for $20.
D: If you aren't familiar with modding, I wouldn't rush into it just yet.

Edited by //T\\, 22 February 2007 - 11:20 PM.

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:20 PM

That right there is called a Rapid Fire 20. I too, have one. They are pretty good, I CPVC'd mine. And it's meant to shoot Nerf Micros. That yellow dial switches between full auto and semi auto, which is just a slower auto to save darts.

#5 Redbeard

Redbeard

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:16 AM

Thanks for all the info, my local Toys R Us stores haven't ever had this gun when I was there. So I had no idea it was very common, sorry. I bought this gun for $1.48 so once again, I love thrift stores. This deal isn't as good as my titan for a quarter, but it's close.

Edited by Redbeard, 23 February 2007 - 03:03 AM.

#6 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:57 AM

I bought this gun for $1.48

*WOW* :ph34r:

#7 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:14 PM

Thats a great deal tho. I got my AirTech3000 at my local thrift store(which is like 30 minutes away) and my Dart Tag Blaster(isn't it known as the DTB?) for $3 each.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#8 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

Redbeard, you mentioned the Power Clip, and when I Googled it, It seemed nothing like the RF20. Isn't the Power Clip like the forerunner to the Magstrike, or at leat a similiar type of gun?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#9 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:28 PM

Wow. I can't believe this post.

#10 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:57 PM

What the hell is that supposed to mean?
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#11 Grenado

Grenado

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:22 PM

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I think he means that it's kind of obvious that it was an RF20, and that this topic was actually created. Or that he actually thought that the RF20 was actually a good gun.

For $1.48, it is an amazing deal. Just don't try to mod it if you aren't good at modding. I broke mine.

#12 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:28 PM

Well, thanks for clarifying Grenado, and at that price, it would be a cheap mod. However, it's not up everybody's ally to mod guns.

#13 Grenado

Grenado

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:33 PM

I know what you mean there, I broke almost 100$ worth of guns before I got 1 successful mod in.

#14 Sir Nathaniel

Sir Nathaniel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:24 PM

Ah, yes, the RF20, my second favorite of all Nerf guns. I love going in and crashing parties with it, definately the best offensive weapon. These days though, the Longshot allows me to do what I do best in most video games: losing.

#15 Grenado

Grenado

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:30 PM

I don't like the RF20 because of it's difficulty for modding it. I like the magstrike and the LS(Although I had help for this one, and the MS just has the ARs removed). Thrift stores are amazing.

#16 Redbeard

Redbeard

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:20 PM

The reason I like the RF20 so much is because I love my PC so much. I know range on these guns is less than desirable but range isn't my biggest concern. I play in tight areas and ROF is much more important to me. The auto mode on the RF20 is sweet because you can burst fire effectively (something the PC lacks).

The thrift store I am talking about is called "America's Thrift Store" it's a chain thrift store and if one's in your area it's worth checking out. The two I've been two are the size of a walmart with plenty to look through. My main one is on my way from school so I drop in once a week. I wish I could remember all the sweet deals I have found there, because there are many. Well just a few.

These are the prices I bought my guns for, no I'm not selling them.

Powerclip $2.50
Nightfinder $0.15 (I have 3)
Scout $0.15
Tornado $0.99 (with one ring)
Nerf 10 Dart Tag Gun $0.59 (I have 3)
Titan (no missle) $0.25
RF20 $1.48
BBB $0.99
Atom Blaster $0.25 (why not?)
Old Dart Tag guns (Shoots megas) $0.15 (I've bought 4)

There have been other deals but these are the ones that I can verify. Most of these came without ammo, but still were amazing deals. In fact the only gun I have ever purchased new is my Mav, for some "odd" reason those never show up in thrift stores around here.

#17 Grenado

Grenado

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 03:55 PM

HOLY SHIT. 25 cents for a titan! The best I've ever seen was 20 dollars!

#18 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:56 PM

I have one of those stores about 15 minutes away from me. I'll go check it out but I just hope they have nerf guns.

#19 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:22 AM

What it meas is "holy shit how could you be a member of this board and not know what an RF20 is."

#20 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:49 AM

"holy shit how could you be a member of this board and not know what an RF20 is."

Agreed.

This whole thread belongs over at HQ.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#21 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:21 PM

To be honest I'm getting a little tired of the NHQ jabs.

It's not as bad as it used to be and it's still getting better. If you paid attention you'd notice that. My question to you is: why are you still an active member over there if you think so little of it?

Just curious.
SexD Warves

#22 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:53 PM

I can understand why an admin over at HQ is getting tired of the jabs and I must admit it is getting a little better.
But HQ has and will always be the forum for the less mature Nerfer. I post over there from time to time usually helping out people with questions. Why do I help out people over at HQ? Probably because I feel they might have the potential to become a great modder themselves one day.

The Haven in my heart is a place for the more older, more experienced, more knowledgable and more serious modders/nerfers to post at.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#23 Grenado

Grenado

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:21 PM

The Haven in my heart is a place for the more older, more experienced, more knowledgable and more serious modders/nerfers to post at.

I'm sure most of us feel that way B) Also, I like it over here more because we are more stingy about things like spelling and grammer, because who wants to come to a forum filled with stuff like, "my gun i$ t3h l33t3st thang in teh wurld yu nubs!"

#24 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:46 PM

This will be my last stupid post in this thread because it's way too off topic.

Grenado, actually CHECK NHQ. There are no posts with bad grammar, and if there are, we tell the person to stop. If they don't, we ban them. Sound familiar? It's not as shitty over there as you think and bad grammar isn't tolerated. Please, stop going by what other people say just to look cool and form your own opinions.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 25 February 2007 - 04:24 PM.

SexD Warves

#25 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:58 PM

NHQ is full of whining little fuckers. Some idiot was posting on there the other day--I think he was what, 12? Anyway, I was calling him a n00b and giving him the usual hard time for a twelve-year-old who asks idiot questions and some mod got his neck up in a twist and threatened to ban me calling it "abrasive behavior" Fucking idiot would have been demodded here.

Just one of the many ways in which NHQ is inferior.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users