Homemade Belts?

Can it be done?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Ronnies07

Ronnies07

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:20 PM

I was honestly wondering if it is possible to make homemade ammo chain/belts. And if it is possible, are they strong enough and durable for nerfing?
"If you try to fail, but succeed, which have you done?"

#2 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:28 PM

You were honestly wondering...
just kidding.

Yea, lots of stuff is possible. Try something and see what works. I'd suggest starting with either duct tape or going to your local crafts/fabric store and picking up some strapping.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:28 PM

Boltsniper made a belt for his mega shells to be used with the BS-5 FAR. It looks pretty good too, but as to whether or not he bought it I couldn't tell ya.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#4 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:47 PM

I have recently made 2 ammo belts. They hold stock and micro stefans very well. I will get pictures up later tonight. I just took nylon and sewed elastic over it around some darts and took the darts out when I was finished. Yes they are durable and are very effective for nerfing. Pictures later.

~McFlurry

EDIT: Picture Time!

Here is the belt without darts in it. As you can see I only have part of the belt with elastic on it. This is because it goes over my shoulder around my back and connects to my belt. So I can't fill it with darts so I just had it go basically to my chin.

http://s178.photobuc...nt=DSCF0232.jpg

Here is the belt with darts in it.

http://s178.photobuc...nt=DSCF0233.jpg

http://s178.photobuc...nt=DSCF0234.jpg

Questions? Comments? Flames? Hope you like them.

Edited by Pvt.McFlurry, 15 February 2007 - 05:34 PM.

QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#5 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:24 PM

I made a vest. They're not that hard if you can stitch the loops onto a strap.

#6 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:15 PM

My shotgun shell strap works well for darts. I would take a pic but it has shotgun shells in it and I don't feel like digging the hunting clothes box out. It fits micrors just fine, not the funnest to try to get out though, and now due to stretching it out some it fits megas.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#7 bigbob

bigbob

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:14 PM

My shotgun shell strap works well for darts. I would take a pic but it has shotgun shells in it and I don't feel like digging the hunting clothes box out. It fits micrors just fine, not the funnest to try to get out though, and now due to stretching it out some it fits megas.

I've seen those and they fit my darts pretty well. Too bad they cost like $25.

#8 chip tortellini

chip tortellini

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:01 AM

Are you looking for something like this... look at dart tag vests, post #11.
ctp. Tim of

UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

"Sic vis pacem, para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war."

#9 Yakkers

Yakkers

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:04 AM

I think Ronnies07 meant like an ammo belt as in a razorbeast, not a belt to carry darts around.

That does sound possible, you could take tubes of PVC and make a chain out of duct tape. The hard part would be making an advance system and having the tubes at equal intervals.

#10 Ronnies07

Ronnies07

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:25 PM

I think Ronnies07 meant like an ammo belt as in a razorbeast, not a belt to carry darts around.

That does sound possible, you could take tubes of PVC and make a chain out of duct tape. The hard part would be making an advance system and having the tubes at equal intervals.

Correct.

#11 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 05:08 PM

Possible? Sure.
Practical or feasible without the right tools? No.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#12 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:50 AM

really, the question is "is it feasible for me?" I saw a kid on the news who built his own fusion reactor, and it worked, so it is possible (it drew more power than it produced) but it would not be feasible for me to build. However, your situation might vary. it depends on YOU.

Edited by Prometheus, 19 February 2007 - 12:51 AM.

I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#13 Ronnies07

Ronnies07

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:55 PM

really, the question is "is it feasible for me?" I saw a kid on the news who built his own fusion reactor, and it worked, so it is possible (it drew more power than it produced) but it would not be feasible for me to build. However, your situation might vary. it depends on YOU.

Link please.
I would like to see that.

#14 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:22 PM

Here is one site; here is another; and yet another

Edited by Prometheus, 21 February 2007 - 10:25 PM.

#15 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:48 PM

Since I have like six clips to my longshot I am in the process of making a ammo belt for them. I will be able to fit two clips into each pocket and the other pouches will be for extra cdts's.
Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users