Ecno '07

Field Pictures

113 replies to this topic

#76 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:59 PM

As of now, it looks like my ride has backed out. I don't think anyone feels like driving more than an hour out of their way up here to pick up one person, either. I was really looking forward to this one, too.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#77 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:20 PM

I'm planning on NOT injuring myself (haha) at this war so hopefully I'll manage to participate longer than I did at DCNO.
And I'll bring my camera so whoever feels like sitting out at any given point in time can take pictures/video.

To everyone: You're probably going to want to bring a coat. It's supposed to be a tad cold and overcast this weekend.

Haha, I know what you mean. Hopefully I wont have to do emergency repairs on my pants this game. :/
So we have three cars now. Meaning a max of 14 people from us. We're going to have a mod party friday, so we'll be prepared.
Can I get the organiser's cell phone # just incase we get lost/need to contact you for any reason?

Edited by z80, 10 April 2007 - 08:40 PM.

#78 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:20 PM

Remember the Mapquest is to a parking lot of a Walmart. We will be meeting there and taking as few cars as possible to the war site. Call me when you get to the lot.

Edited by RAMBO, 15 June 2007 - 01:19 PM.

#79 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:43 AM

CaptainSlug and Groove, If we've finalized our plans, that'd be good. Need to confirm everything is okay with the parents. I'm PM'ing both of you my phone number. Are we meeting in Sterling? Potomac? Somewhere off of 270 that minimizes time? If I were to go to Sterling, it'd be ~ a 2 hour metro-trip, so I'd rather not that one for myself. If you guys don't want to finish the ride back Saturday, you can stay at my house, if you want.
Tyranny Response Team

#80 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:00 PM

You've been PM'd Cranky, no worries.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#81 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:05 PM

Right now it looks like it'll just be me coming a new kid might come. My group is too busy having sex with each other to make it out.

Also! Z80 you better be bringing maverick; if you don't there will be hell to pay.

Daddy-o I'm frozen!
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#82 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:25 AM

Also! Z80 you better be bringing maverick; if you don't there will be hell to pay.

Don't forget Iceman or Goose either.

See you ladies in 2 days.
I hate you.

#83 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:49 PM

Weather forecast for Saturday looks much better now. 55f, mostly cloudy, no rain.
http://www.weather.c...pnav_undeclared
Bring a sweater and sunscreen.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 12 April 2007 - 02:50 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#84 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:41 PM

Right now it looks like it'll just be me coming a new kid might come. My group is too busy having sex with each other to make it out.

Daddy-o I'm frozen!

Unfortunately, maverick can't come. And I would just like to post what my friend Imed me today.

Friend: B) They're demanding we bring Maverick, Iceman, and Goose
Who are the last two?

Thought it was funny.
And we have 12 people, not 14. Sorry for the inconvience.

#85 TED

TED

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:46 PM

Unfortunately, maverick can't come. And I would just like to post what my friend Imed me today.

Well I'm not coming anymore,

#86 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:43 PM

Alright guys, it's shaping up nicely. I'd just like to remind everyone that we are meeting in a LARGE parking lot, so make sure you have my number (123)-IMA-RETARD and will be able to call me when you arrive there. Again, we are carpooling to the war site to avoid problems with having an excessive number of cars in the lot.

Edited by Rambo, 10 September 2008 - 10:17 AM.

#87 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:35 AM

I just looked at the field pictures again and I'm still stunned by how neat this place looks. Are we certain we won't have any competition for use of something like this? No paintballers or anything?

http://www.erh.noaa....ate=PA&site=PHI

Edited by Evil, 13 April 2007 - 08:39 AM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#88 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:08 AM

No, I am not sure of that in the least, as I have stated from day one. We won't know that until we have gotten to the field. But, rest assured, the field is big enough to accommodate our group as well as theirs, provided they aren't dicks about it.

Edited by RAMBO, 13 April 2007 - 10:09 AM.

#89 TED

TED

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:41 AM

No, I am not sure of that in the least, as I have stated from day one. We won't know that until we have gotten to the field. But, rest assured, the field is big enough to accommodate our group as well as theirs, provided they aren't dicks about it.

I'm going to be a dick about it. Fuck paintballers they can play somewhere elese.

Also If anyone has some old school ballistic nerf balls(yellow not blue or green) they want to sell bring them to the war.

#90 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:31 PM

Does anyone have directions directly to the feild? We don't need to carpool, as our cars are filled already, and are dropping us off. Also, when does the game start exactly. 915?

#91 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:58 PM

We'll start as soon as we have enough people.

134 S. 2nd St.
Coplay, PA 18037

DO NOT SHOW UP TO THE FIELD DIRECTLY WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION FROM ME. PM for said permission (z80 - you're cool).

#92 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

930 would be alright?

#93 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:18 PM

Yeah, that's cool. I will be bouncing around between Walmart and the field from 8:30 on.

#94 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:51 AM

Well guys, weather's looking perfect, at least for me. Mid-50's - Low-60's with some clouds, rain not starting for until the night. Hope to get a call from all of you soon when you get to Walmart.

#95 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:12 PM

I have never felt so empty yet full at the same time. Trying to house the smoldering remains of 50 wings, after Hersh, Evil, and Dark Shrimp's pitiful attempts took the count to 31, left me a smoldering remain. I can hardly move my fingers to type this message.

Anyway, it was great to meet z80's crew, I really look forward to seeing them at future events. It was nice to see the more southern guys make it up.

Great war guys - look for another ECNO in the later summer/earlier fall months.

#96 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:05 PM

Thats the best first war I could have hoped for.
The place looked like a map from halo or something.
I really wish I had a better long range gun instead of using a LnL as my primary every round but it still was a great experience.
I'm still just amazed how great a time I had.

Another war sounds like a great idea I know il already be there unless something comes up.

Skitzo-

Edited by Skitzo, 15 April 2007 - 05:47 AM.

If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#97 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

Great war guys,

If a splitfire turns up in anyone's arsenal, could you please tell me. It's transparent green on one side, the other side painted black on the inside, giving it that greenish-black look. The dart holders have been sanded off the side.

z80 and skitzo, Probability tells me someone in your massive group may have ended up with it, so if you could tell all the guys (and Kira), that'd be great.

-Dean
Tyranny Response Team

#98 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:44 AM

Just so you and every one knows I wasn't with z80 I was just with my brother "Titan kid" and sorry to say but we didn't find a splitfire anywhere.

Skitzo-

Edited by Skitzo, 15 April 2007 - 05:47 AM.

If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#99 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:16 AM

Great job guys, everyone handled themselves exactly as they should have. That is until the day concluded and three or four of us were left to do garbage and dart detail. I know some of you had long trips to make and were eager to get on the road but it is everyone's obligation to clean up the playing area

The field was something different but I'm not sure how excited I would be to go back. Considering how much junk there was on the ground, how much rusty metal stuck out of walls, and how much broken glass covered the second field we played on, I'm surprised we got away with having such a good time. My real issue with the condition of the fields was that because they were covered by trees, leaves camouflaged so much debris that I rolled my ankle awfully bad in the second to last round.

...But I have to say, with the way those fields were complicated by multiple levels, uneven ground, and plenty of cover, it really did feel like a multiplayer map from some video game and that made it pretty satisfying.

Another observation. The newer Nerfers did not adjust well to the "vertical" game that happened when we moved to field 2, and were playing on a multi-level field. I cannot stress enough how much the newer guys need to work on awareness. Other than that I thought they all handled themselves extremely well but need to definitely be more ready when it comes to being shot from every angle, not just from in front or behind.

I know this post is long and I apologize - here are my favorite moments.

*DarkShrimp and I being pinned down behind a pillar on field 2 and having to deal with shots coming in from the highest platform 30 feet directly above us as well as the opposite team shooting at us from directly behind. Shrimp and I were forced to alternate shots between those on the roof and those behind us while taking the most consistent fire I've ever witnessed in Nerf. We could barely poke our heads out. It was like something out of a WW2 movie.

*John nailing me in the lip from 10 feet away through a sliver of a half-dooryway. Excellent shot that left my lip discolored this morning.

*Taking the high ground. It wasn't impossible to take the high ground away from the opposing team but it did take some luck.

*Joe's dad's war drum demonstration.

*Dominating round 1 by forcing the opposing team into one of the buildings and turning into a shooting gallery.

*Having one of my best rounds ever in round 1 of field 2.

*Scoring a headshot on the Titan Kid while he took aim.

*The double kill Joe and I had in round 1 at field 1 when he dove off a ledge directly at me (BALLSY!) and shot me mid-air. I luckily hit him too.

*Groove and I cleaning house one round by looping around the opposing team and hitting everything we shot at.

*Shrimp apologizing to some kid for having shot him from 10 feet away with the Blastzooka.

*Taking cover across from Shrimp and listening as he took shots with the Blastzooka. All I heard were "smacking" noises and people calling hits.

*Shrimp nailing Kuhlschrank twice in critical situations, through trees and brush. Shrimp shot everything yesterday.

---

And in closing, DarkShrimp and Groove established themselves at this war as 2 of the greatest Nerfers I have ever had the priviledge of playing with. No matter what any of the misconceptions are online about Nerf veterans and Nerf "Gods", Shrimp and Groove are the best I've seen of the East Coast.

Thanks guys I had a great time yesterday. Hope you all had a safe trip home and will be coming to our next East Coast Event; the LCM Summer Tune-Up in New Jersey on May 19.

Edited by Evil, 15 April 2007 - 10:51 AM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#100 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:16 AM

Great war guys,

If a splitfire turns up in anyone's arsenal, could you please tell me. It's transparent green on one side, the other side painted black on the inside, giving it that greenish-black look. The dart holders have been sanded off the side.

z80 and skitzo, Probability tells me someone in your massive group may have ended up with it, so if you could tell all the guys (and Kira), that'd be great.

-Dean

Yeah I put an APB out on my forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users