Photo

Expand-a-blast Mod + Question

5 replies to this topic

#1 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:34 PM

While pondering what to do with an unmodded Expand-a-blast the other day, I realized that a disproportionate amount of EaB mods use SCH80 pvc, but almost no other guns are modded with SCH80...

Anyway, I decided to be different. I used SCH40. (The fact that I didn't have any SCH80 pvc didn't factor into my decision at all. Nosirree.)

The SCH40 was too loose to use with micro darts, and CPVC, to be long enough to fit out the front of the case, was too long, causing darts to not even leave. I considered bastardizing minimizing the case and making a fat little pistol... but I like the case, and didn't want to.

So I made it shoot mega stefans, which fit perfectly down the SCH40 barrel. Problem solved! I also bent the big funky black o-ring-plunger-head-thing in the EaB so that it was wider, and now I can blow down the barrel and push the plunger back. The seal is so good that it will not leak; rather, it will force my lips off the barrel with the power of the spring when I do this.

It shoots 40 feet, and is dead accurate. The front sight and the top joint of the two EaB ammo clips allow me to bullseye dish soap containers, family photos, boxes of candy, clocks, and other small objects from anywhere in my house so long as I have a line of sight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: I added a laser pointer. It works beautifully - check it out

Question, though: I was under the impression that Expand-a-blasts were capable of much more than 40' when modified. This EaB, however,

1.) Still has the original spring
2.) Shoots megas
3.) Has no nesting in its barrel
4.) Was purchased from someone who left it outside for a couple years; I had to clean numerous spider webs, insect cocoons, rust, and dirt off of it.
5.) Has no bands/bungees.

I think those sufficiently explain the lower-than-normal modded EaB ranges, but if someone else, with just a barrel replacement, surpassed 40 feet, or if such surpassing is common, I'd like to know.

Edited by Gengar003, 03 February 2007 - 05:56 PM.

I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#2 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:33 PM

Theres many things you can do. Megas are the start of your problems add about 20 ft if you have a micro shooting barrel, but sacrifice some accuracy. You might want to replace the spring, try a nf spring or go to your local hardware store and find one that fits accordingly. I here e-tape makes a pretty nice seal in the plunger tube since that plungerhead is so huge. Nice mod.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#3 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:51 PM

I think I'll be keeping it shooting megas, though... just because it's beastly accurate.

Check out the video

Edited by Gengar003, 03 February 2007 - 05:57 PM.

I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#4 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:13 PM

I can't even see the darts in the vid. If you have a good enough barrel with good enough stefans, micros are accurate enough.

#5 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:17 PM

Hmmm....

Your EAB only gets 40'?

I don't think you have a good seal. You should lube up the plunger, especially since its been outside for 2 years.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#6 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:30 PM

Hmmm....

Your EAB only gets 40'?

I don't think you have a good seal. You should lube up the plunger, especially since its been outside for 2 years.

Have you worked with an EAB? Because EAB's are hard as crap to get 60-70 feet out of.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users