Wondering

why no one has...

6 replies to this topic

#1 The Hellforger

The Hellforger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:22 AM

Why has no one modded a nerf gun to fire semi-automatic using CO2 or other form of compressed gas?

I know it would take some work and be semi-expensive, but personally I think it would be t-totally fucking awesome to have a semi-auto or even fully auto maverick.

#2 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:58 AM

If by "other compressed gas" you mean "air", then it's been done. Check out Carrtoon's Semi-auto DTG:

http://nerfhaven.com...opic=6856&st=45

There've been many other discussions and concepts. Search.

As far as using CO2, it just usn't used for Nerf very often, mostly because you need relatively expensive regulators to keep your gun from exploding. Secondly because it introduces a cost-per-shot to Nerf, which just doesn't appeal. Really, it's more work than it's worth from a practical standpoint.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#3 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:03 PM

I'll take it that you also haven't been to many wars, judging by your member #, post count, and postings already.

It's just something that won't work with Nerf. The projectiles don't hold up to the stresses of high air pressure. Even if they did, they wouldn't burst on impact and would do SERIOUS damage to those getting hit with them. Nerf does NOT equal paintball.

Not to mention, it would totally ruin the game in it's current foam. Hits would not be a matter of skill, but more of a spray and pray that ruined PB for me. Trust me, go to a DCNO or whatever you're local war is and you'll see why it'll never work.

Not your fault for posting about this. Every new guy that comes around (especially PBers) try to figure out a way to do something like this. Please, just don't let your next post be about making Nerf "grenades."
I hate you.

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:27 PM

Well, all of those have been done before. Looky here Boltsniper made a Co2 powered Nerf gun. Plenty of people have used Co2 for Nerf guns. The reason why you haven't seen any lately is because it's just not worth it. Co2 would be fairly expensive, and just like what OMC said, it would turn into a spray and pray.

Semi auto Mavericks have also been done. Carrtoon even made asemi auto DTG.

#5 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:43 PM

Do you have a link to the semi-auto maverick? I'd really like to see one.
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#6 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:00 PM

Rusty has made many cool mods. Here is his semi mav.
Here
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#7 The Hellforger

The Hellforger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:44 AM

yeah, I'm a baller, but so is Talio. So you shouldn't diss us.

I'm not turned off to the cost to shot because with the pressures you would need to use in the nerf gun would be mad efficient. I have a few spare painball gun regulators laying around that I could use in a project like this.
I have a primary regulator off of a generic gun, an LPR from an Angel, and I can get many more regulators if I need to do this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users