Photo

Solenoid Proplems

6 replies to this topic

#1 Ka Boom

Ka Boom

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:27 AM

Hi, i never realy did anything on this site but i've been reading the homemade forum for a few years now
anywho. i just made my second/third homemade.

i wanted a pump powered gun with a solenoid valve. i tried this valve in a failed test gun a year ago the same way as the BAMF just using the manual lever switch thing to open it, once i finaly filled the huge tank (didn't think it through) and switched the lever the air practicly just leaked out of the valve, pushing anything in the barrel a few meters.

Posted Image

The big one at the top is the tank and valve of the test gun, i'm using the same valve on my new gun
below it is my first homemade, the trusty ballvalve from zeros plans

Sorry about the Huge picture but i want to get this posted quick before i have to go back to school

anyway i just finished this
Posted Image

exscuse the crappy watermark but i know a bunch of guys from school who would love to claim this

The proplem is that when i press the switch and simular to my test gun, it seems to let the air out slowly, its alot worse at the moment then a hand opened ballvalve.

i've checked all the obvious like leaks, batterys etc but i can't find why it's not working like the awsome guns you guys make

the black plastic screw sticking out if it is to ajust the pressure/flow but its as far open as it will go
and yes, i've checked its not on backwards <_<

I'm gonna play on the I'm 14 so i'm stupid thing, hence why i can't structure a sentence properly

Please help

#2 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:46 PM

I'm gonna play on the I'm 14 so i'm stupid thing, hence why i can't structure a sentence properly

You should learn before an admin busts you, because it's part of the Code of Conduct.

Anyway, make sure that you have enough battery power to operate the valve properly, and that the batteries actually have some charge left.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#3 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:29 PM

So, why dont you just use the same valve that was used in the BAMF? Its the valve I used in my recent homemade, and you dont need batteries to open and close the valve. Unless your using that specific valve for some reason I missed, thats all I can suggest.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#4 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 07:18 PM

You should mod the valve, it will make the air leave the tank faster and its easier. It might fix your problem, all you do is open the valve up and drill a hole in the center of the top. PM me if you want to learn how to do the whole thing.

Edit: Thanks King Of Butt Land, I was trying to find the link for it but I can never find it.

Edited by The_Crackerjack_Man, 28 January 2007 - 07:53 PM.

"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#5 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 07:28 PM

To go along with the above post.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-žlayer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#6 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 07:56 PM

Sorry for another post but, I was wondering were you got the part that you put the pump onto do I have to cut it out of a tire or is there a pack of them that you can buy? Everytime I've made one I just cut it off a tire.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#7 Ka Boom

Ka Boom

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:48 PM

Thanks guys
all the guns i've seen that use solenoids use 3 9v batterys ,i'm going to try another valve i have around if it doesn't work i'll mod the valve like in the link
Spud files has done alot since my last visit. more airguns it used to be mainly combustion

Crackerjack, i get my valves from auto shops, Supercheap auto if your in australia sells allmost everything i need apart from pvc. there cheap and come in two per pack, allmost identical to the one cxwq uses but mine don't have crome sleeves

by the way if the gun looks a little unfinished and fragile in the picture it's because i took them before i stuck it all together, only differnce now is epoxy holding it together, valve, batterys and trigger and a lot of electrical tape holding them on untill i fix the valve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users