Stefan Tips

Tips for your darts

7 replies to this topic

#1 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 02:26 PM

I was thinking of stefan weights while discussing with my mother, and she said metal rivets. We have tons of metal rivets.Army surpluss. Anyone else try these? I also use golf tees....What about you?
The Greek God of War
Unseen

#2 THE CHEAT

THE CHEAT

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 04:24 PM

I use half in screw protectors on mine but i also use those things u can get from orchad that are ment to be put on the cubobord doors to stop them from slamming so loudly.

#3 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 10:07 AM

I use bb's. They are so cheap and numerous, and you can control how heavy the dart is very easily.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#4 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:California

Posted 09 September 2003 - 10:53 AM

Rawray uses washers, I think...I've personally never tried it, but I'd imagine it'd be better than BB's or slingshot ammo because the weight distribution would be more even.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#5 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 11:47 AM

Dude, steel sling shot ammo has it all. Proper size and weight as well as a nice aerodynamic shape. They also sting like a motherfucker when you get hit with one, which leaves out that whole, did I get shot question. They're also extremely economical. One package which will run you about 5 bucks at a Walmart will give you 500 tips. Ask a few members of the LCM and LGLF about my bitch darts, namely Kulhshrank who took a nasty head shot in this weekends war.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#6 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 06:43 PM

This isnt really about dart tips, but in 1/2 inch PVC how do you get the darts to have a good seal without using foam insulation...I tried electrical tape and it didnt work.
ko

#7 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 08:52 PM

This isnt really about dart tips, but in 1/2 inch PVC how do you get the darts to have a good seal without using foam insulation...I tried electrical tape and it didnt work.

you really don't, you just mod your guns with a different barrel material. try sch. 80 1/2" PVC or brass or PETG or other alternatives.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#8 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 11:10 PM

If you already bought the 1/2" FBR and the stark white colored 1/2" PVC, you're in for some extra work before you can fire those effectively. See, 1/2" PVC actually measures 5/8" on the inside. 1/2" CPVC is a good 1/2" seal, but it's a rather tight squeeze.

If you want to use the materials that you have already bought, you have a couple options. 1) Make your 1/2" FBR micro stefans into Zero darts. That essentially involves putting an extra nub of 5/8" FBR as a tip to your dart, so it will fit well in "1/2 PVC". Check Zero's site for exact details.

Otherwise, you can buy another barrel material and either use it as a substitute or addition to your 1/2" PVC. If you buy brass or funny pipe, you can load that inside your PVC to fix the diameter problem. Or, buy CPVC, copper, PETG, or Schedule 80 1/2" PVC (walls are thicker so the diameter is closer to 1/2"). Good luck modding, if you have any more questions just ask- in a different thread preferrably. But first check other threads for answers; usually you will find what you're looking for there.
"The 'dance goes on..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users