Photo

Another Big Gun

11 replies to this topic

#1 Sponge Nerfer

Sponge Nerfer

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:42 PM

Ive been working on making another HUGE nerf cannon and I just got the valve done. here it is:

Posted Image

Yup, its two sprinkler valves pneumaticly moddified and linked up to a single pilot valve. I used a blowgun for the pilot valve just because it was simple and cool. Im going to use this vavle to make a real big ass cannon that should allow me to hit opponents from around 500-600ft away.

This should be pretty cool.

-sponge
When in doubt, make a huge nerf cannon of death.

#2 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:06 PM

You'll want hose clamps on those fitting unless they're barbed. Also, you should make it shoot mongos. That would be beast. I already have something like this built except is just an inline sprinkler cannon with aproximatly a hundred cubic inches of air.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-žlayer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#3 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:10 PM

Nice clean construction, mine looks like shit becuase I screwed up the tap and I had to epoxy the damn blowgun in there.....still leaks.

Are those 3/4"? I know blowguns are used so often but if your using more than two valves you should upgrade to a ball valve for exaust, it will make the main valves open faster.

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:44 PM

I doubt you can actually hit some one from 600'. Sure, it can TRAVEL 600' but what's the point of that when it can't hit someone?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:38 PM

The point is telling your friends that think Nerf is for pussies that if you shot them with your Nerf cannon they would most surely suffer severe injuries. Oh yeah, and pegging squirrels in the head from 300 feet and blowing their heads off.

-Butt

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

#6 Commonly Hunted

Commonly Hunted

• Banned
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:11 PM

Oh yeah, and pegging squirrels in the head from 300 feet and blowing their heads off.

One time, my brother saw a squirrel running along a wide wooden rail so he grabbed a rock and threw it right into the things back from about twenty feet. It got knocked off like it a human would have if shot in the back--arms and legs out, chest forward. The way it looked when it went flying just made it so damn funny.

The squirrel wasn't hurt much because it was running before it hit the ground.

And you should use the cannon from a top floor and hit unsuspecting passersby. THAT would be the funniest thing ever. Unless I was on the receiving end.
QUOTE(Pineapple)

Next one who wants to be Michael Jackson, and save the world, gets a trip to Neverland.

Buy Boltsniper's guns!
Borrowed by FoamReaper of Boltsniper Forums.

#7 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:17 PM

The point is telling your friends that think Nerf is for pussies that if you shot them with your Nerf cannon they would most surely suffer severe injuries. Oh yeah, and pegging squirrels in the head from 300 feet and blowing their heads off.

-Butt

True.

None of my friends think that nerf is for pussies, that is after I shot them from 5 ft with my sm 750.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#8 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:50 PM

Yeah that is a nice valve, but this is going off-topic. Just to say, I also think you could never hit someone 500-600 ft. away with a nerf darts because you would have to have a perfect one that wouldn't blow up when shot. And anyway, you friends must be stupid if they think a Nerf cannon is just a Nerf blaster. Might as well take out a potato cannon or something. In my opinion, a titan is almost over kill for a Nerf gun. Anyway, I hope your cannon turns out well, but you could just make a spud gun instead, either way it will cause damage, but spud guns go further usually.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#9 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:28 PM

If he tried to shoot micros they would explode. What I believe he intends to shoot is large mongo sized darts.

-Butt

#10 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:48 PM

Ok, Boltsniper has pointed out that nerf micros have a terminal velocity and distance (approx. 200'). Surpassing these is impossible due to the lack of sufficient mass. If anybody has any experience in physics, you will be familiar with the equation Force = mass x acceleration. additional mass is required, as their is a threshold level for force. That is why a naval cannons will shoot like 20 km away, and a .22 rifle only a couple hundred yards. Although the amount of force is different, the masses are different, which prevents an increase in distance for the rifle compared to the howitzer. Oh yeah, micros would not explode, as the FBR is an expanded polymer of some sort, which has a high level of tolerance for compression. They might be damaged, but properly constructed stefans would not be destroyed.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#11 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:24 PM

Have you had any experience with extremely powerful guns? Just yesterday I had a dart get shredded in my newly modded lbb.

-Butt

#12 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:40 PM

Yes, I have had experience with high pressures and micros. I made a simple blowgun which I hooked up to my compressor, and the output was an unregulated 95psi. My dart is fine. It actually enjoyed the adrenaline rush. The material that FBR is made of is more prone to tensional stresses than it is to compressional. That is why plastics will stretch, but most will not recompress back to their original shape. That is also why most times people don't have darts shrinking back to their original length after being stretched alot, because the compression from the air has little effect on it. It is possible that the FBR you recieved had impure hydrocarbon chains, resulting in certain strong and weak points, thus resulting in it shredding.

I'm not too familiar with the sprinkler valves, I only know how to mod them and how they work. Do they need to be regulated (some say yes, others no), and do they use all the air in the tank? If you had a larger tank, wouldn't a blowgun work as your valve if you wanted repeated shots without repumping? I know that the air flow would vary with the blowguh, but if you had a short range fast action gun, that probably wouldn't that big of a difference, since you are aiming for a shorter range (say 50' for an indoor primary)

Edited by Prometheus, 23 February 2007 - 01:29 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users