Photo

Petg Universal Barrel System

4 replies to this topic

#1 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:22 PM

...I am pretty sure this type of barrel system hasn't been done before... but I have been thinking of how to develop a "Universal Barrel System" or U.B.S. (first made by Baghead) for PETG. So since OMC didn't sell this, I went to my nearest Pet Cetera and bought... 5/8" PETG. OMC's PETG and the Pet Cetera 1/2" PETG both fit in this stuff. I think you can use it as some kind of breech if you want to but it would be a bit tight. So here is what you do:

Stuff Needed:
-1/2" PETG
-5/8" PETG
-1/2" PVC (not SCH40)
-Electrical Tape
-Epoxy or a Hot Glue Gun
-Hacksaw

1. Cut a 1 1/2" piece of 1/2" PVC (NOT SCH40)

2. Cut a 1 1/2" piece of 5/8 PETG (that stuff I got from Pet Cetera)

3. Cut a 3" piece of 1/2" PETG, 3" is for stock darts, it can also fit 2 stefans for shotgunning (the Stefans obviously being 1 1/2" long)

4. Now try fitting the 5/8" PETG into the 1/2" PVC. Chances are is that it is loose. So add about 4 layers of electrical tape to the 5/8" PETG so it fits snug into the 1/2" PVC.

5. Now put the 5/8" E-taped PETG into the 1/2" PVC if you haven't already and hot glue (or epoxy) the top and bottom so it stays in place. I added more hot glue on the bottom inside part so that the 1/2" PETG doesn't go through and hit the plunger or something like that.
Posted Image

6. When it dries, put the 1/2" PETG into the 5/8" PETG and done! It should have a relatively good seal and better ROF. I suggest buying OMC's 1/2" PETG.

Pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by six-five-two, 24 June 2007 - 03:30 PM.

#2 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

Interesting idea. I normally just nest the 1/2" PETG inside 1/2" PVC. With enough e-tape, it works well. I would say that like 85-90% of my guns are PVC coupler modded anyway, so it works great.
I hate you.

#3 XxUberSoccer

XxUberSoccer

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:22 PM

where do i get the plastic shellls, I want them for my 8-Ball Auto ;)

#4 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:30 PM

where do i get the plastic shellls, I want them for my 8-Ball Auto ;)

I went to my nearest Pet Cetera and bought... 5/8" PETG. OMC's PETG and the Pet Cetera 1/2" PETG both fit in this stuff.

Read.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#5 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:18 AM

...Yarr. I was thinking today and I mostly use tagger darts... but what's the point of doing this mod? A dart in a barrel with the barrel being removed from the 5/8" PETG is the same as a dart being removed from the 1/2" PETG... so for now I am abandoning making any more barrels, however I may use this for when I finish "making" my stefans so I can shotgun them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users