Photo

Other Way To Disable Overpressure Release?

Didn't someone once post that you could stab it?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:43 PM

So I was wondering if anyone remembers the other way to disable the overpressure release valve in pump guns, since I'm out of hot glue right now. I think someone (knowledgeable) once said that hammering a small screwdriver in the hole will break it and have the same effect as plugging it. I searched but couldn't get anything...

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#2 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:27 PM

Well, inserting a screw would disable the overpressure release valve. But it may not pump unless you have that hole sealed properly. Since the OP valve is pretty much a spring and rubber valve. When there is too much pressure, it pushes the spring and valve open releasing excess air. You could probably get away by using whatever you can fit into the small hole, and a strip of duct tape over it.

I would assume that since you don't have hot glue, you don't have any other sealants (ie goop). But if by chance you do use those.

Edited by Renegade, 18 January 2007 - 06:22 PM.

#3 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

Does the gun have a bladder, or an airtank? If it's a bladder, then I don't know how well the duct tape would hold againnst that amount of pressure. You could put Super glue, plumbers goop, or any kind of adhesive like that in there, and it should work just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users