Double Blast Mods?

hey guys,

6 replies to this topic

#1 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:56 PM

Some of you may remember me, I havent posted here regularly in about a year, just a post or two here and there...

Well anyway, I was walking around in the mall with a few buddies, and we wandered into KB toys, and saw the buzz bee shotgun. My friend prompted me to buy it, and we had fun walking around shooting random people in macy's :)

Now I want to mod it. I have ripped out the + rods in the clips, removed the AR's, and sawed off the end. I have a lot of 9/16th brasss lying around, is there a barrel mod I could do thats actually worth it? Should I replace the spring? what have you done?

Thanks,
L_M_S_
Black Masks & Gasoline

#2 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:21 AM

There have been some barrel replacements on the shells, but otherwise not much is out there on the Double Shot. Perhaps you'll see something nobody else has and turn it into something great.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#3 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:09 PM

I know man_with_many_guns did a CPVC barrel replacement to his shells. I don't know how mush it affects ranges. It might say on that link.

#4 funkyjake

funkyjake

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 02:27 PM

Hell if I can remember who did it, but as I recall you can nest some pvc inside the original barrels, and some cpvc inside that if it suits your darts. This, of course, completely negates the shells.
The real problem (I think) is with the air seal. Maybe some craft foam around the connection point?
Last I had the plungers out, it seemed like modifying them would be a huge bitch, so I'd say kiss your dreams of slapping monstrous springs in it goodbye.

#5 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:05 PM

I agree with funnyjake, messing with thw whole cocking and shooting assembly will pretty much fuck up your gun. I'd know, I tried to put big springs inside it, but the thing wouldn't cock both barrels, and shot like a dying cat. And cpvc in the barrels themselves would just slow the darts down.

Now, if you wanted to get rid of the shells, you could pvc the barrels, then jam cpvc the size of your darts into the breech end. As long as you get a seal, those darts will go without shells.

#6 TX-2000

TX-2000

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:51 PM

last_man_standin_,

I bought a Buzz Bee Double Shot a few months ago. After a few hours of shooting people and drooling over its shell release system, I came to the conclusion that the Double Shot was a piece of S*** So as I like to do with most of my guns, was to mod it. I had some AT2K internals lying around and decided to integrate them together. Basically the shell/barrel of the Double shot with the power of an AT2K behind it.

Problems I ran across:
1) weak air seal
Dart Shell Air restrictors
Loose Barel
Firing Mechanism

After integrating the two guns and testing it, I found that I needed a better way to fire the gun(as of know it is a piece of string tied to the AT2K valse release rod) and that the barrels pretty much sucked. I pretty much came to the conclusion that the Buzz Bee Double Shot may seem cool if your into shotguns, but realistically the gun even if modded will never really be a good gun. Your better off trying to return it then waste your time on the gun. My integrated version of it now lays against my closet wall as a reminder to check Nerf Haven's reviews on a gun before purchasing it. Hope this helped.

#7 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:53 PM

Well anyway, I was walking around in the mall with a few buddies, and we wandered into KB toys, and saw the buzz bee shotgun. My friend prompted me to buy it, and we had fun walking around shooting random people in macy's <_<

Peer presure?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users