At2k Liquatron

sawing it off

12 replies to this topic

#1 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 02:42 PM

I recently had my AT2k rubber memberane explode on me( after i sawed the liquatron off and pumped). I was readng other posts on this topic and heard that if you saw off the liquatron thing the membrane will rupture more easily. Is this true?
ko

#2 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 03:59 PM

er...what?Isn't the membrane a part of the liquitron?Is the liqitron entirely off or did u just take off the white tube?
Morons With Guns own you.

#3 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 04:02 PM

yes, i just sawed off the actuall clear plastic liquatron. It exploded after 3 pumps on me on my second shot. I was just wondering if it does rupture more easily with it off for my second at2k that im modding...dont want that to break either...
ko

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 05:37 PM

The membrane won't hold pressure. All it does is make a seal between the two halves of the liquitron and keep the goo in the top half.

Plumbers goop or moldable epoxy should be sufficient to plug the hole in the bottom half.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 05:48 PM

If I plug the hole that i made by sawing it off, and i carpenters goop(is it the same as plumbers?) the hole, wouldnt it not work because the air presure woudnt allow the membrane to expand with air?...can i carpenters goop it? or do i have to pump it up first, then glue so there is less pressure?
ko

#6 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 05:51 PM

The membrane doesn't need to expand with air.

Liquitron Guide

1. Don't saw off the liquitron gauge.

2. If you ignored step 1, fill in the hole you made so that it's airtight again.

3. If you completely hosered the gauge, remove it entirely and run tubing straight from the pump to the air tank.

#7 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 05:58 PM

Thanks, are you sure carpenters goop is able to withstand tha much pressure?(its not much but its in a small area)
ko

#8 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 06:02 PM

I don't believe I've mentioned carpenter's goop at any point in any post I've ever made.

You can either try it and see, or you can get plumber's goop or moldable epoxy (like I suggested) which should both work fine if you get them worked down into the hole just above the membrane.

#9 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 06:11 PM

hehe, ya, you didnt mention carpenters goop, I did, Its like epoxy. I think it might be a bit stronger, but under the curcumstances...I have no idea. What is the difference between epoxy and moldable epoxy?

EDIT: Thanks C, you not only gave me the idea of repairing my old at2k(im in the process), but youve helped me mod my new one. Now i just gotta wait 24 hours for my tank to dry and wait a few days for my new 2000 to come :angry:
ko

#10 lech

lech

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 07:47 PM

I hacked off the goo guage completely, and replaced the shizenhousen tubing that originally joined the pump to the tank with small flexible vynil tubing that I bought at the hardware store.

#11 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 07:56 PM

heh expanding the airtank..your brilliant! does it work, how many more times can you pump it and how much is the range increased by?
ko

#12 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 09:48 PM

Deja Vu, haven't we had this discusion about 8 times before. If you check the modifications section, there is a whole page addressing this issue. Thanks, Thirst, your questioning has helped me learn a thing or two. Now my question is, how well does the AT2k shoot when its modded? I'm working on a integration and I haven't decided what I'm going to use as my second shot.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#13 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 04:51 PM

Amazing, I jsut finished fixing my broken 1 today, using any type of ammo(except my messed up stefans and missles). Using red micros it gets the velocity of my max shot. Using my other type of stefans, it has a nice velocity, and is extremely accurate. I make my barrels different than others but heres a shot: put a small layer of duct tape around the vlave opening. I then put a 3 inch peie of 1/2 inch cpvc 1 inch into a 9 inch peice of pvc(1/2 inch). I then carpeners gooped this onto the valve opening and walla, a loser pistol, kinda like magnum research's Lone Eagle. Single shot loser pistol with tons of power.:huh::)
ko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users