Photo

Question On Stefans

8 replies to this topic

#1 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:24 AM

Hey, it's been a while since I've posted anything, but I've finally decied to try making stefans for the (hopefully) great improvement on accuracy and distance. I've done a lot of searching for guides on how to make stefans, and actually found 4-5 of them, but strangely none of the sites are functioning for me. If someone could give me a quick guide on how to make them, that would be great. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just give me a overview and I can figure out the rest.

Thanks
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#2 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:44 AM

Basic procedure:

1.) Decide on length of darts
2.) Cut sections of foam backer rod of the chosen length
3.) Burn indentation in one (or both, your choice) ends of each section with a hot glue gun.
4.) Fill indentation with hot glue + 0, 1, or 2 BBs, your choice.
5.) Let dry (or harden... whatever it is that hot glue does)
6.) Do not shoot at eyes
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#3 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

What size FBR should I use, and would .25 airsoft BB's work?
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#4 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:16 PM

1/2" FBR for Micro darts
5/8" FBR for Mega darts

If the Airsoft BBs are denser than your hot glue (that is, if one of the BBs weighs more than the same amount of hot-glue), then yes, otherwise, don't bother.

If it's not readily apparent, make a few with them and a few without, and see which darts perform better.

Edited by Gengar003, 15 January 2007 - 12:17 PM.

I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#5 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:22 PM

This should supply you with all the information you need and then some!
Dartsmithing Tips
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#6 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:49 PM

Sounds good. Thanks Gengar and Dark Shrimp. :)

#7 InkJet

InkJet

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:26 AM

I would say that .25s may or may not be good enough, depending on what the darts are being shot out of. If it's out of a maverick, they should be fine, it it's out of a BBB/AT2k, i would say no. If you've got someone over 18 to get you airsoft BBs, just go to walmart and get slingshot weights. If you don't have the over 18 person, go the more expensive route, fishing weights.

#8 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:08 AM

This Link will give you CS's rundown of dartsmithing. He also explains either here or somewhere else about his weighting system for the darts
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#9 mrgrimm

mrgrimm

• Banned
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:32 AM

Hey, it's been a while since I've posted anything, but I've finally decied to try making stefans for the (hopefully) great improvement on accuracy and distance. I've done a lot of searching for guides on how to make stefans, and actually found 4-5 of them, but strangely none of the sites are functioning for me. If someone could give me a quick guide on how to make them, that would be great. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just give me a overview and I can figure out the rest.

Thanks

cut the FBR into 1 to 2 in. sections. put 2 litel fishing weights on the top of the stfans. then put a litel of hot glue over the fishing weights and there you go. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users