Photo

Is It Possible...

6 replies to this topic

#1 PharaonArin

PharaonArin

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:09 PM

Is it possible to crayola barrel a bbb? Would it still shoot the arrows?

#2 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

Yes, But to shoot arrows you would have to put a piece of PVC over it.
"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#3 Sixo

Sixo

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:50 PM

Not necessarily, Jurassic. I crayola barreled my BBB by keeping the original barrel and gluing the crayola inside of that, with a minimal amount of the crayola sticking out. I'm explaining this because I am unsure of how the rest of you may have done it/intend to do it, but at any rate, I did the barrel that way pretty much for the purpose of enabling the BBB to shoot micros...not necessarily increase range or accuracy.

So, if you did/do it that way, with only a small amount of the crayola sticking out of the front of the original barrel, you should have no problem loading and shooting arrows since that original orange barrel is still there.

Oh, and there is no loss of range when shooting arrows if you do this, as far as I can tell...when I shoot arrows off of mine they reach the same ranges as before I crayola barreled it.
"Behind this mask, there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

#4 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:57 AM

Yes I put my Crayola Barrel inside of the orange barrel, so it shoots both.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I also but two home depot springs in it.
I did this by cutting one end of each of them and then spiraling them together for the perfect fit inside of the gun.
Needless to say this gun is powerful.

#5 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:29 PM

Ranges?

#6 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:15 PM

Umm, it shoots farther than 100 feet because in the longest part of the house ( 20 paces of a 6'5" man) that I am in it shoots where you point it, so far.
The big thing is that it carriers force in its shots as it hurts the most out of all my guns.
Yes you can shoot your eye out with this thing.

#7 TX-2000

TX-2000

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:07 PM

I have actually done almost this exact same barrel to my BBB except my crayola marker sticks out further, I'll explain. I originally jammed my marker all the way down, but after seeing that the plunger rod was hitting the back air restrictor. I of course did the air restrictor mod but you have to leave the circular plastic piece in(just put a hole in the center of it) because it prevents the rod from moving too far up. If the rod moves too far up when you try to cock the gun, the back of the rod will not catch the rear grip resulting in your guns rod to freely slide back and forth. In essence, your gun will not work. To fit my cryaola barrel in with the modded air restrictor I pulled my marker barrel out about half an inch. I noticed the internals of how the BBB plunger rod pushes the air out and by sticking the barrel all the way in it does not get its full potential. This is because the front of your plunger tube is contured like a funnel; you want the back of your barrel to be flush with the inside of the funnel-ish piece. This will maximize air flow; 100% effiency wiht this mod. Shooting arrows will work with this mod if thats a concern to you. I have also found wrapping scotch tape around the barrel and forcing it in worked for me. Only because I didn't want to glue my gun, in case I needed to return it to target...

Hope this helped

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users