Photo

Quality Of The Longshot

7 replies to this topic

#1 NJNerfer

NJNerfer

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:04 AM

I've been looking on a lot of nerf websites and I've mostly seen good things said about the longshot. However, when I look at customer reviews on store websites I see a larger percentage of people complainging that the gun is constantly jammed or just downright does not work. Does anyone know how reliable this is? What is the quality of the longshot? Is it worth buying?
Wah!

#2 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:07 AM

It is very reliable. And moddable if you have the rite experiance. Don't Listen to those customer review things. It all depends if you take care of your guns or not.

If you treat the longshot rite it will repay you by a lot if modded.

By the way I recommand the clip mod if you do get it.
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#3 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:37 AM

Usually half of the consumer complaints are because the consumer doesn't read the simple operation directions included and on the gun. I'm sure most of those people are shoving clips in the gun with the breech closed, then tearing them apart to get it back out instead of using the little clip release. And half of the consumers bought these guns for seven year olds who have no respect for their stuff, in other words, throwing, dropping, hitting it against stuff.

#4 NJNerfer

NJNerfer

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:56 AM

This is true. Thanks alot guys, I'm probably going to pick it up today.
Wah!

#5 agentM192

agentM192

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 12:00 PM

Good choice. I have only had mine jam like once, and that's when I first ripped it open. I have no idea when they say "Downright not working". I love mine; not too hard to mod, reliable, and just fun as hell.
They aren't weapons. Don't call them weapons. They're only weapons if you make them so.

#6 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:10 PM

Also, most people dont put consumer reveiws unless something goes wrong. So its kinda skewed.

#7 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:51 PM

Also, most people dont put consumer reveiws unless something goes wrong. So its kinda skewed.

Exactly

Complaining idiots spam the consumer reviews, while the people with more than one digit to their IQ are at home playing with their new longshot.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#8 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:21 PM

The only three complaints that I have about the LS are that the barrel is far too loose (I'll probably wind up sticking some brass in there), the clips make indents in the darts if they are left unfired for a while, and that a new modder (the LS was my first mod, and was successful) who is not careful can easily overlook pieces that are disturbed when the gun is opened, and have much difficulty putting the gun back together. However, since most, if not all, problems with the LS can be solved with a mod or such, there's really nothing completely wrong with the gun.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users