Coupler On A Nf? Or No?

Is it effective

9 replies to this topic

#1 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:32 PM

Ok this question has been on my mind since I got more CPVC piping. Is a coupler mod effective on a SPRING gun such as a nitefinder? Or is it worse?

Oh and i did serch but I didn't find anything helpful. So if you find anything helpful to my question, could you please post it here? Thanks. :wacko:
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#2 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:45 PM

It really depends on what you're looking for the gun to do. On something like a nitefinder or a BBB, it will allow you to get higher RoF, and if you do it right, not lose much range at all. I did a coupler mod on my BBB and it increased RoF tenfold without taking away any range. So I would suggest doing a coupler mod on your nf.

#3 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:41 PM

I have two Night finders with couplers on them, just cut the coupler in half first, makes for less wasted air.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:42 PM

On bigger spring guns, a coupler is almost required unless you want to carry around a 1 ft. ramrod everywhere you go. With a Nitefinder, it doesn't really increase RoF by all that much. You have to fumble around with the barrel and fit the dart in the back, like you would have to push a dart in the tip of the barrel then pull out your ramrod and push the dart down. Though some people can reload coupler guns quite quickly.

I would probably go with a coupler just because it can reload faster, unless you fumble around with your barrel. That and you have the choice of multiple barrel types.

#5 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:49 PM

If you really want RoF up, you can make multiple barrel ends and tape them together staggered, so you can put one in, shoot it, then put the next in, shoot it, and so on.

Edited by ‡Fireshot‡, 09 January 2007 - 11:50 PM.

#6 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:52 PM

Ok then it's settled. I'll coupler mod my cousins oridginal nitefinder.
Thanks for all your guys help

Also I just got back from target, and they didn't have ANY longshots os BBB :( :angry:

#7 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:37 AM

Don't quote me on this, but I believe Targets restock on Mondays and Thursdays, depending on the store. Also, some don't even sell the BBB.

#8 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:41 AM

Oh ok thanks for the heds up
And this sucks for my cousin becaus he's the one who wants the BBB :angry:

EDIT Oh is there a specific barrel length for the nitefinder?

Edited by nerfboi, 10 January 2007 - 01:01 AM.

#9 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:00 AM

From the part of the barrel that connects to the plunger tube to the end of the barrel, with the coupler, shouldn't be too much more than seven or eight inches, mostly brass, then coupler, then about an inch of cpvc to hold the dart in. From my experience with nitefinders, this works best.

#10 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:39 PM

Yes it works VERY VERY well. In fact, I think it improved :( !!!! Thanks my peeps for your help

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users