Behold! The Briefcase Of Death!

And other stuff I've done

14 replies to this topic

#1 TheCheatIsNotDead

TheCheatIsNotDead

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:49 PM

It's your friendly neighborhood TCIND here to post some general pictures on stuff I've been doing lately.

Yippie!

This was one of my Christmas presents. A bit of cutting and spatial relations and...

BEHOLD! THE BRIEFCASE OF DEATH!!!

Posted Image

And it's EVIL INNARDS!

Posted Image

It holds my brassed NF, my double barreled NF, my Maverick and a Nerf Knife. I'm also making a custom shaped Dart Bag that will fit comfortably in there.

FEAR IT'S MIGHTINESS!

___

Next, I did my first new barrel mod using my CPVC. I bought a BBB, and singled it... and that's about it. It's already got one heck of a kick, and for our indoor wars, it shoots plenty hard.

Posted Image

I also made a cosmetic silencer. It doesn't do anything, but I think it looks cool.

Posted Image

And lastly, I also bought a Titan and did my first coupler mod.

Posted Image

I didn't really know what to do, so I just kinda figured it out as I went along. I think it came out really well though.

Posted Image

It has four triple-barreled shotgun attachments, with two shots in each barrel, giving a 6 shot shotgun burst. I've found that anything over ten pumps will successfully shoot all the darts out, and it gets around 40'-50' at around 30-35 pumps.

Posted Image

I haven't plugged the pressure release valve yet, as i'm hoping to replace it with a full bike pump, which I'll get soon. Aside from the barrels, I haven't really changed anything, but I'm very pleased with the results.

Posted Image

I know I haven't really done anything tremendously new, but I'm still fairly new, and this is my first pump-gun that hasn't died on me (two Magstrikes have met their demise at my hands... I'm still trying to fix them).

The only real question I have is if my CPVC barrel for the BBB is long enough. The darts seem to fishtail much more often than my other guns. The barrel is currently around 5" long. It's made of my CPVC, which is very tight on the darts. Any suggestion for what to change if necessary is appreciated.

~TCIND
It is impossible to govern a country with 120 different types of cheese.

#2 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • State:Massachusetts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:55 PM

I just barrel modded my BBB. I had a long bit of cpvc on there, and found that it was way too tight for the darts. What seems to work the best is about three inches of brass jammed into the orange bit that holds the restricter, a cpvc coupler on that, and no more than four inches of cpvc on the open coupler end. This also lets you stagger barrel ends for a much higher RoF.

Edited by áFireshotá, 09 January 2007 - 04:56 PM.

#3 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:15 PM

No, I don't think it's long enough, just judging by the picture... mine is 8", I think. I'm too lazy to get up and check but hey, I tried. :angry:

The first thing you should always look at, though, is your darts. Darts work differently in different guns. Just 'cause it works in your NF doesn't mean it'll work in your BBB.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#4 bigbob

bigbob

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:06 PM

Both BBBs I have owned have 12" CPVC on a PVC coupler, so they work great with 95' averages on range.
What size coupler is it on the the titan?

#5 SM750

SM750

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:33 PM

I was going to do the same thing for the briefcase and use it like an assasin but decided not to and I couldn't find a briefcase. Also what is that black thing next to the maverick.
Also, stop being such a Jew and buy PETG from me.

#6 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:38 PM

I was going to do the same thing for the briefcase and use it like an assasin but decided not to and I couldn't find a briefcase. Also what is that black thing next to the maverick.

a Nerf Knife

"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#7 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

That titan is a beast! What did you use to make the "silencer" out of on you bbb? That briefcase is insane! Great Work!!!
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#8 TheCheatIsNotDead

TheCheatIsNotDead

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:03 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I'll experiment with longer barrels, but until I find some brass, it won't be practical to put it on a coupler for reloading. The CPVC is much too tight.

The black thing is indeed a Nerf Knife. Normally they're bigger and silver, but I made it much smaller to fit comfortably in the briefcase, and black to distinguish it.

The Titan's interchangeable barrels are made from 1 1/4" PVC, with an appropriate coupler (Seriously... it's the one that fits). Three CPVC barrels are just a little small, so I space it out by wrapping the bottom in a LOT of tape to fit it in nice and good, and then slivers of foam to make sure the top is nice and straight. Then I just high-temp hot glued the top. I did a pretty good job of making it air-tight. I also hot glued a ring of stock micro dart foam to the bottom of each barrel to make sure that darts didn't fall out the other side when they were ramrodded in.

The cosmetic silencer is made from 3/4" CPVC. It's a little big, so I spaced it out with electrical tape. The holes are made by drilling straight through both sides with the biggest drill bit I could find. I then sanded it down and spray painted it.

The briefcase is really nice, and was bought at Harborfreight's, a hardware store. It was around $25 if I remember, and comes with the foam inside (which is even perforated into 1/2" square sections!) It's cut a bit inside to accommodate the turret of the Maverick and to keep the knife from moving around. It's really nice, and I think I'll bring it to a lot of battles from now on. It even has key locks on the buckles!

I think that's all the questions I was asked.

~TCIND

Edited by TheCheatIsNotDead, 11 January 2007 - 12:28 AM.

#9 davenelz

davenelz

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • State:Florida

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:02 PM

the breifcase is a good idea for totin em around better than a backpack or something, but my real quastion is:

Is pumping the titan 30-35 times really worth it in the heat of fire? just curious

#10 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:42 PM

I've only shot my Titan once at 30 pumps and I didnt see the diffrence from that and 23 pumps. But I think if you need that extra few feet go for it if you want to.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#11 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:51 PM

Sounds like a great way to break your Titan if you ask me.

TCIND:

1 Where did you get the briefcase?
2 Did the foam come with the briefcase?
3. If not where did you get the foam.
4 How expensive was the case?

Oh, and by the way you got one pirty pink glue gun.
The tri-barreled Titan looks pretty menacing. If only there were a target in Canada I would own alot more Titans to screw around with.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#12 maverick x

maverick x

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:05 PM

Sounds like a great way to break your Titan if you ask me.

TCIND:

1 Where did you get the briefcase?
2 Did the foam come with the briefcase?
3. If not where did you get the foam.
4 How expensive was the case?

Oh, and by the way you got one pirty pink glue gun.
The tri-barreled Titan looks pretty menacing. If only there were a target in Canada I would own alot more Titans to screw around with.

TCIND answered all of those questions in his second post...

#13 TheCheatIsNotDead

TheCheatIsNotDead

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:25 PM

I already answered most of your questions Angel.

Edit: Whoops! You beat me to it Maverick

Also, I've been play testing it more. 15-20 pumps is usually more than enough, and I still haven't plugged the overpressure valve. So I don't think it'll a-splode. I'll be giving it a bike pump too, so It'll take less pumps and be faster.

Once it's nice and speedy, I think it'll be quite formidable.

~TCIND

Edited by TheCheatIsNotDead, 11 January 2007 - 12:27 AM.

#14 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:12 AM

Yeah, I missed that one. It seems as if I read every other post except that one. My apologies.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#15 aribiter

aribiter

• Banned
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:52 PM

Sweet titan mod man! The briefcase of death is cool to.
nerf or nothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users