Photo

Hey Everyone

I need your opinion

17 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do you perfern when modded? (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you perfern when modded?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:38 PM

I need you guys/girls opinions on this because my cousin is like "you pick one, ill pick hte other"
So please, don't flame me.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#2 Lance

Lance

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:39 PM

You could have tried searching for both guns and comparing ranges.. well anyways longshot will achieve greater range when modded.

#3 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:55 PM

The longshot will acheive better ranges but it is harder to mod. You can get at least 70 out of the BBB when modded and plus the BBB is easier to mod. The BBB is more accurate when it comes to stock darts. I say the BBB but it is what you want.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#4 TheVeg

TheVeg

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:55 PM

You could have tried searching for both guns and comparing ranges.. well anyways longshot will achieve greater range when modded.

Range isn't everything. If you think that way, get out of here and go join a paintball forum. And the longshot does not always out perform the BBB, unless perhaps you mod each of them to their extremes.

So yeah, I voted BBB. Mine is my favorite gun, uber-modded of course. Plus, I think it is a better gun stock anyway, which is what he might of been asking on the first place.

Darn... Winter break is finally over...

-Veg

Edit: Same time post! Grrr, you beat me by a matter of seconds...

Edited by TheVeg, 07 January 2007 - 09:56 PM.

Vegetarians into Nerf results in n00bs being shot with carrots.

Captain KLM, founder, modder and dartsmith of the Michigan Nerf Mafia.

#5 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:58 PM

My modded BBB gets on average 80 feet with stock darts. And it's accurate to at least 50, probably more. My longshot only hits 70 at the maximum, and isn't accurate past 30-40 range. I'd go with the BBB.

#6 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:06 PM

Ok thanks guys.
So the BBB is easier to mod? and has better ranges? Correct?
so I'll get the longshot because my cousin is like "Yeah! the BBB looks sick without the extra stuff"

#7 TheCheatIsNotDead

TheCheatIsNotDead

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:36 PM

As both my LongShot and BBB have not been fully modded yet, I'll say that RIGHT THIS MOMENT, I'm more of a fan of the LS. The BBB outshoots the HELL out of it, but it has a painfully slow ROF. Plus I feel that the LS is more 'mine' than any other gun I have right now.

~TCIND
It is impossible to govern a country with 120 different types of cheese.

#8 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:51 AM

My younger brother has a BBB, and he loves it, but I've never really liked it. My Longshot on the other hand, strikes fear into my opponents hearts. It's a difficult mod, but it's a great all around gun, ranges are very competitive, accuracy is good (but not great) and the ROF is good enough to keep people from rushing you most of the time.

However, the BBB is slightly cheaper, which is a distinct advantage.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#9 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:49 PM

Ok thats makes my decision(sp?) much easier because
1) i don't know how to cock the BBB
2) the longshot is clip- feed(which I like)

#10 agentM192

agentM192

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:10 PM

Trust me, the Longshot isn't as hard to mod as some people make it seem. Doing some easy and basic air restrictor removal really helps it. And cmon, it's a frikin sn1per rifle!!! Well sort of...
They aren't weapons. Don't call them weapons. They're only weapons if you make them so.

#11 Lance

Lance

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

Range isn't everything. If you think that way, get out of here and go join a paintball forum. And the longshot does not always out perform the BBB, unless perhaps you mod each of them to their extremes.

So yeah, I voted BBB. Mine is my favorite gun, uber-modded of course. Plus, I think it is a better gun stock anyway, which is what he might of been asking on the first place.

Darn... Winter break is finally over...

-Veg

Edit: Same time post! Grrr, you beat me by a matter of seconds...

Don't ever tell me to go join a paintball gun, I said it will achieve greater range, which is true, I didn't even state my opinion I stated a fact, so before you jump down my throat look at what I type.

#12 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

Longshot:

-Pros-
1) Clip fed, meaning higher ROF
2) Lots of modding potential and many "attachments" (for examples, see Piney's LS sticky in the mods section)
3) Smooth action
4) Asthetics make the gun look cooler and more badass than the BBB, in my opinion

-Cons-
1) Takes a couple tries to get all of the parts perfectly aligned again after taking it apart
2) If darts are left in the clip too long, the lips of the clip make indents in the darts
3) You need to take one hand off your gun to prime it, unless you did a shotgun foregrip mod
4) Somewhat extensive mod needed to make a stefan-compatible LS

I don't have a BBB, so that could make me a biased vote, but I think the LS is a beast. As I type this post, I am actually firing my LS and watching it shred paper targets across the room. I did need an air restrictor mod to do this, but it was well worth it.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 27 January 2007 - 03:36 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#13 EbolaMuteOne

EbolaMuteOne

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:36 PM

Well, it isn't always about range and stuff, the Longshot is much faster to reload, MUCH FASTER :blink: .
"Either war is obsolete or men are."

-Buckminister Fuller

#14 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

I screwed up my Longshot modding it. It took all of five minutes to mod the BBB, so I say BBB, but I'm not good at mods. If you're skilled with a screwdriver and what not, go with the Longshot.

#15 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:26 PM

Well if you truly deck out a BBB I think that it is better. Carrtoon has a mod for his that has a tubular clip system. It's friggen amazing. The BBB has a more convinient cocking mech too. Pull back, fire, push forward, pull back, fire... No Captain Slug shotty forgrip required
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#16 Commonly Hunted

Commonly Hunted

• Banned
  • 254 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

I chose Longshot because I finally got one and it took me less than five minutes to mod it. I was in a hurry when I did it but I still did it without killing the gun. The only problem is the reassembly which takes a while if you don't remember which way all of the things go back in.

But the BBB is cool too. And I love the Carrtoon tube clip.
QUOTE(Pineapple)

Next one who wants to be Michael Jackson, and save the world, gets a trip to Neverland.

Buy Boltsniper's guns!
Borrowed by FoamReaper of Boltsniper Forums.

#17 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:28 PM

BBB all the way. For starters there's no clips, which I actually like better. You get a constant flow of darts. Easier to mod and like Elf said if you seriously deck it out it can be better, you can even clip it for people who do like clips.

More accuracy, and for those of you who want that extra 30'... it's nerf, yo... I understand it's cool to pick off your brother at the end of the driveway, but I have NEVER seen a shot farther than a BBB could shoot come even close to it's target at a war. It happens, but not enough to be worth it.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#18 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:32 PM

They're both awesome guns.

I'll be posting unique mods for both of them shortly.

I love the BBB's cocking method, but then again CS's shotty style is the coolest thing(besides Carrtoon's DTG) I have ever seen.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users