Photo

Golf? Anyone?

10 replies to this topic

#1 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:52 PM

Any golfers here? I play as much as possible. If you play, what type of clubs do you use. I have a nice set of USKG pro series, I think that was the series, with a Tour Edge Driver. My putters vary from a Tour Edge to a Tom Watson putter. My dad Has a shitload of putters, so that's where the last one comes from.
"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:19 PM

YES! GOlf is awesome.

I'm not the best golf player. I shoot on avg. around a 46 on 9 holes.

It's a lot of fun though. I go like twice a week in the spring/summer.

I have clevland launcher irons and my younger brother has slingshots(hes only 12!).

But I am good at driving! I am 14 and I can drive it 285 yards last year when I was 13!

But sometimes it hooks into the woods......

Its a lot of fun.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:32 PM

YES! GOlf is awesome.

I'm not the best golf player. I shoot on avg. around a 46 on 9 holes.

It's a lot of fun though. I go like twice a week in the spring/summer.

I have clevland launcher irons and my younger brother has slingshots(hes only 12!).

But I am good at driving! I am 14 and I can drive it 285 yards last year when I was 13!

But sometimes it hooks into the woods......

Its a lot of fun.

I can drive it 225 avarage.(sp) I am going to get a set of Pings(irons) in the next couple of years. Next year(08) I will get a set of golden bears.

-My Dad

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:40 PM

Pings are really nice clubs.

I'm hoping this year i can hit the 300 mark.

Yea 225 is average for kids around my age.

But iin golf, you have to realize a put counts the stroke as a drive.

And i literally can't putt. I usually 3 putt every hole.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:18 PM

Pings are really nice clubs.

I'm hoping this year i can hit the 300 mark.

Yea 225 is average for kids around my age.

But iin golf, you have to realize a put counts the stroke as a drive.

And i literally can't putt. I usually 3 putt every hole.

Guranteeded 2 put with a unusual 3 put for me.

Edited by JurassicPark, 08 January 2007 - 04:16 PM.

-My Dad

#6 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:24 PM

I play with a set of Titleist 704 CBs, Callaway Big Bertha Woods, Taylor Made R580DX driver, Titleist Vokey wedges, and a Ping Anser 4 putter.

And as said before, putting is key. I will generally 2 putt a hole, but I will make a good putt sometimes. It does lower your score drastically. And distance counts for a bit, but not unless you have consistency.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#7 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:50 PM

I have a set Of Calloway clubs. Dont know the model but they are pro series. On average I hit maybe 200 yards or hit the wall next to me :(
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#8 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

or hit the wall next to me ;)

Haha that's always fun.

Here's my whole golf set
-clevland launcher irons
-Big bertha driver
-wilson Blackjack putter
-clevland lancher 3 wood

Has anyone ever eagled a hole or hole in oned? Or chipped it in from like 25 + yards away?

I was playing with my friend and he got an eagle, that's the closest I've seen I've chipped one in the hole form aound 25 yards away once or twice. You feel so cool when you do it...

#9 PESU

PESU

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

I play a little for my school (one of the top high school teams in America). I don't know if you've heard of him but Kevin Tway is on the team. I use Callaway Big Bertha's with a White Hot 2-ball putter. Now I'm not that great and usually shot in the 50's on 9 holes, my average drive is around 200.
Dangar of the FA
User of the underrated SM 250

#10 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:46 PM

Has anyone ever eagled a hole or hole in oned? Or chipped it in from like 25 + yards away?

I was playing with my friend and he got an eagle, that's the closest I've seen I've chipped one in the hole form aound 25 yards away once or twice. You feel so cool when you do it...

Sure, chip-ins come to me on occasion. My best shot was a full swing with a sand wedge from about 100 out. Backed it up, and drained it for an eagle.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#11 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:56 AM

Anyone know what the technical term for a hole-in-one on a par four is? Or a long drive to the green and a one put on a par five?

Albatross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users