Fbr Sabots

I make big hole in wall...

3 replies to this topic

#1 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:38 PM

This is not something I invented, but applied. I have wanted to fire a heavy and dense sling shot ball for a while, but it is too small to fit in my Titan without falling out. This is where hours of the History Channel and days of gun mechanics research kicked in. I cut two small pieces of FBR about 1/4" long each. I placed one piece in the barrel and then inserted my sling shot ball and another piece of FBR behind that. I primed and fire, and now there's a gapping hole on my wall...Time to get the quick dry Spackle out before dad gets home. :P

Point is, to fire anything smaller than 1/2" or 5/8", all you have to do is put proper sized FBR in front and behind your round. It fires great, and depending on your type of round, it'll have more momentum than a normal stefan. Great for showing people that you can put a hole in the wall with a nerf gun.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#2 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:13 PM

Nice use of a sabot. I ussed to use this method with potatoe guns to shoot multiple rounds of Airsoft bbs or Paintballs off. This concept is also used by RAP4 paintball products to adapt airsoft bbs into their guns.

Also, try putting a peice of FBR with just the hole melted in the back and put about 50 airsoft bbs in front with some tight tissue in the titan. I have doen this with a 2k with about 10 bbs and it got about 50 feet and started dropping with .2 gram BBs. You might get better range with .12 grams.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#3 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:51 AM

On mythbustsers they fired buster out of a huge hand-built cannon using a sabot.

Nice job.
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#4 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:51 PM

They also used it for the chicken cannon and on the mythbuster battles of who was the better buster where Jamie made a sabot for a tortilla. He got 72 feet with his tortilla wrapped in a paper sabot shoved in PVC pipe rigged to a scuba-tank.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users