Photo

Electronics Inside Of A Ls

8 replies to this topic

#1 morpheus1977

morpheus1977

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:27 AM

this would obviously be for looks only. But I wanted to ask the experts. How hard do you think it would be to take the electronics from a toy gun (like a storm trooper blaster) and put it inside of a LS so when you pull the trigger it makes the noise, lites up the works?

Edited by morpheus1977, 04 January 2007 - 01:30 AM.

#2 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:20 AM

I have only a small amount of experience working with electronics and components, but if you keep ALL of your electronics intact (breaking off a wire makes it much harder if you are new to soldering and stuff), it all comes down to just fitting the components in the LS and taping batteries to the connectors (use e-tape though).

If you need advice on how to fit the components, I'll try my best to help.

Edited by murakumo32, 04 January 2007 - 03:21 AM.

Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#3 aribiter

aribiter

• Banned
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:25 AM

But why? :blink:
nerf or nothing

#4 morpheus1977

morpheus1977

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:08 PM

But why? :blink:

but why what?? why do I want to do this??

#5 aribiter

aribiter

• Banned
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:44 PM

Yes why? All it will do is give away your position And will make it seem very toyish.
nerf or nothing

#6 morpheus1977

morpheus1977

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:28 PM

to be honest its for a costume I belong to the sandiego star wars society. We are a not for profit organization we do charity events parades all sorts of cool stuff and I have a custom bounty hunter costume. I Have adapted the LS to my costume with a custome paint job I modified the stock a little bit so I wanted to add lights and sounds so I wanted to come to the experts and get your guys opinion.

#7 TT

TT

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:28 PM

to be honest its for a costume I belong to the sandiego star wars society. We are a not for profit organization we do charity events parades all sorts of cool stuff and I have a custom bounty hunter costume. I Have adapted the LS to my costume with a custome paint job I modified the stock a little bit so I wanted to add lights and sounds so I wanted to come to the experts and get your guys opinion.

Well, it depends. Are you wanting the Longshot to still be able to fire after you add the electronics? If you are, I'm not quite sure where you're going to put the light.

Edited by //T\\, 04 January 2007 - 06:31 PM.

#8 morpheus1977

morpheus1977

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:07 PM

Well, it depends. Are you wanting the Longshot to still be able to fire after you add the electronics? If you are, I'm not quite sure where you're going to put the light.

well I was thinking on the main gun where the grill is at on either side couldnt I feed the line for the lights into that drill some holes on the inside part of the gril and that is where the light would come out.

#9 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:19 PM

Very easy to do. You'll simply need to relocate whatever momentary switch is used in the toy gun to a mount of your making inside the grip of the longshot so that a full trigger pull will depress the momentary switch. Route the wires under the side pieces in the magwell.
Then the battery box and circuit board can be mounted in the front of the gun in the huge hollow section underneath the barrel. You can then place the lights from the toy gun around the muzzle area.

I was tempted to add lights to mine because a friend is planning to use it as part of a costume. Some ultraviolet or white LEDs should light up the orange parts really well.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users