Nitefinder Plunger Problem!

title says it all

7 replies to this topic

#1 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:58 PM

Yeah i recently modifiyed(sp?) my Nitefinder and when i pull the plunger back, the plunger stick- thingy just comes off completely and the plunger head stays inside the plunger tube.

Can anyone help me with this problem and tell me what I can do to repain thice because i plan to go to Lowes tommorow.

P.S. I m sorry I don't have pics to help. I don't have a digital camere
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#2 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:00 PM

If your talking about the piece I think you are. Open the gun up and make sure that the screw at the end is very tight. If there's no screw well then there is your problem.
QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:21 PM

You either forgot to put the screw back in, as McFlurry said, or the threads have worn out between the plunger head and the plunger shaft. A screw should do the trick, just make sure the threads of the screw are able to dig into the plunger shaft, and make sure you don't crack anything in the process.

~ompa

#4 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:12 PM

Yes I think the threads(sp?) are worn out
Any way to fix/ repair this? Or do I have to buy a new Nitefinder
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#5 aribiter

aribiter

• Banned
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:29 PM

This happend to me once all i did was super glue it.
nerf or nothing

#6 nube

nube

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:39 PM

This happened to me, too. Sucks because it was my friends like 1st gen. NF, so the strong spring makes more problems. I've tried plumber's goop and loctite household cement. Now I'm using JB Weld. I'll post when it's done if that works or not.
QUOTE(One Man Clan @ Mar 6 2007, 04:59 AM) View Post

I really should reevaluate my Nerf carreer. I have been ultimated multiple times in a war, shot by a girl with an arced NF, and EMBARASSED by a 6 year old in quidditch on xbox. What am I doing with my life?

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:43 PM

You could probably just use a screw with a slightly larger diameter to make your own threads... Just gluing the plunger head to the plunger shaft might not be too durable, due to the lack of area to be bonded.

~ompa

#8 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:19 PM

I have successfully used a larger screw to correct this problem before. If you want to go the glue route use Dev Con plastic welder, it's available at wal mart and extremely strong.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users