Photo

The Crs12 Mavshot

19 replies to this topic

#1 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:43 PM

And just in case anyone thinks otherwise, I am the same dude as who posted this on nerfhq.

I bring to nerfhaven, the CRS12 "Mavshot". It definatly isn't the most amazing mod in the world, but it is really useful. Long ranges with the modded ls, and in case the enemy comes close, the mav is there in the wing, or should I say nose.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The ranges are normal for the mav with out air restrictors. The longshot has the ar removed, and has two higher weight springs in it. It gets on average 50 to 60 feet with standard streamline darts and modded dart tag darts. I'm sure a stephan could get it up to 70. Both guns are stephan ready.

The mav can be cocked while firing or reloading the longshot, and visa versa. As for cosmetics, I've gotta chip off the excess epoxy, then I'm gonna paint the blue and silver bits white with all the yellow and orange bits black.

Edited by ‡Fireshot‡, 02 January 2007 - 12:28 AM.

#2 TheCheatIsNotDead

TheCheatIsNotDead

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:52 PM

That's pretty cool. But it looks like the Mav is at a downwards angle, which could be a bad thing. Be careful.

I'm assuming that you can't disassemble it anymore right? Conceivably you could could make it so it still could be opened easily.

Good work. How sturdy is it on the LS?

~TCIND
It is impossible to govern a country with 120 different types of cheese.

#3 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

The mav looks angled because of the angle of the pic. It's flush against there, and it does come apart, I was careful not to epoxy the seams on the mav and ls. It's sturdy enough that it survived being dropped down a flight of stairs by my cousin today. Didn't even come a bit loose.

#4 nube

nube

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:57 PM

Welcome to NerfHaven! On another note, shooting both would be difficult because you would have to extend your arm to cock the Mav, bring your hand back to the bolt and cock, which might get tiring. But, it could be useful if you didn't have any ammo in the LS. Although, I don't see the point of showing your NF and Magstrike. Good job, despite the cocking problem.
QUOTE(One Man Clan @ Mar 6 2007, 04:59 AM) View Post

I really should reevaluate my Nerf carreer. I have been ultimated multiple times in a war, shot by a girl with an arced NF, and EMBARASSED by a 6 year old in quidditch on xbox. What am I doing with my life?

#5 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:58 PM

Why would I cock the guns at the same time? And after what had to be hundreds of shots today, I didn't feel the cocking getting tiring anyway. The reason I showed the nf and mag is because my camera ran outta charge before I could get pictures of the mavshot itself.

Edited by ‡Fireshot‡, 01 January 2007 - 11:00 PM.

#6 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:36 PM

I really like this integration. It looks clean and is effective. I rather have a Maverick instead of the front attachment of the Longshot on there.

The Longshot really has unlimited integration potential. I'm sure we will be seeing Longshot integrations for a while.

Nice work. It's good to see someone new around here actually contributing to the boards.

#7 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:13 AM

Well, the mav has a good RoF, so why not tack it onto the end, eh?

Edited by ‡Fireshot‡, 02 January 2007 - 12:18 AM.

#8 PBnJ

PBnJ

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:24 AM

I have a question. Would the handle on the Maverick get into the way of loading and unloading the clips on the maverick? Oh and you spell it Stefan, not Stephan. Just to tell you.

#9 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:32 AM

It's close, but the handle doesn't interfere with the clips. And I'm just too used to typing the name stephan. :rolleyes:

#10 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:54 AM

Interesting integration. I dont beleive it was stated but I am assuming you only epoxied the cocking part to the LS and the rest just gets pushed forward. It does look awkward to hold the front gun though.

Welcome to NH.

The only reccomendations I would make is wait a day or so when answering everyones questions. That way your threads post count isn't %50 you.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#11 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:25 AM

Sorry about all the posts, but I'm an insomniac and need something to keep busy in the night hours.

yeah, the cocking mech is the only part epoxied on. Quite simple, I know. The front gun makes holding the rifle more comfortable. When the bipod was there, and after I took it out, the gun was quite awkward to hold. Now with the front handle it is more comfortable, and it doubles as an "omni pod". (is omni pod the correct term?)

Edited by ‡Fireshot‡, 02 January 2007 - 04:26 AM.

#12 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:07 PM

I'd consider chopping the mav handle off, if you can live without the vertical grip, but IMO it would look much cooler.
Posted Image
My goodness that carpet is easy to work with in photochop.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#13 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:14 PM

I was thinking about chopping the handle off, but then the gun would be awkward to hold. And when I paint the gun, the mav will blend in much beter.

Shag carpet works well with photoshop? I would have never guessed . . . :rolleyes:

Edited by ‡Fireshot‡, 02 January 2007 - 01:14 PM.

#14 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:15 PM

I'd consider chopping the mav handle off, if you can live without the vertical grip, but IMO it would look much cooler.
Posted Image
My goodness that carpet is easy to work with in photochop.

You know what would be even more awesome? Cuting off the handle, and putting it in upside down. That way the cocking handle is like a shotgun type design.

#15 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

Nice job, and welcome. I think the mav was a bad choice because of its poor range, but if it works for you and you like it good for you.

~l337
Wii would like to play with you.

#16 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:51 PM

I was going to do that, but then I'd have to mess around with connecting the triggers together, and I like being able to have both guns primed at the same time and still be able to fire both separately.

And the idea about having the mav on there is more for protection than range. If I got rushed while priming the ls, while reloading the ls, or if I miss a shot, I have a backup 6 shots from the mavrick to cover my butt.

Edited by ‡Fireshot‡, 02 January 2007 - 03:54 PM.

#17 agentM192

agentM192

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:33 PM

Very nice. But I don't think it looks too practical or easy to fire without excessive effort. (Extending arm to cock maverick, reloading either, cocking LS) As mentioned above.
They aren't weapons. Don't call them weapons. They're only weapons if you make them so.

#18 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:23 PM

Very nice. But I don't think it looks too practical or easy to fire without excessive effort. (Extending arm to cock maverick, reloading either, cocking LS) As mentioned above.

It's really easy to reload and prime each gun. Reloading the ls is just putting another clip in, and reloading the mav is like normal. The only hard part is priming the ls since I've got a big spring inside it. And pushing the mav to prime makes it easier.

Edited by ‡Fireshot‡, 03 January 2007 - 04:24 PM.

#19 aribiter

aribiter

• Banned
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:06 PM

Nice ls. I am thinking about doing something like that.
nerf or nothing

#20 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:01 PM

That looks extremely comfortable.

Granted, that's because my primary is a crossbow with a turreted Splitfire mounted on it in the same location as your Mav is on your longshot.

In my opinion, contrary to that of some others who've posted here, I'd say leave the Mav handle intact. The Mav is cocked by pushing it forward, whild holding the LS back with your main gun's firing hand. Cutting the handle off would make it [a] look less a part of the original gun and [b] make it harder to prime the Mav.

Congratulations on (in my opinion) replacing the Longshot front gun integration that is becoming exceedingly common these days. Considering the fact that both guns are of the same color scheme, I'd say that with a minimal amount of tweaking, it could really be made to look like you bought it at the store that way. Practically does already!

As for the join between the shells, I agree with you on its sturdiness when dropping it down stairs and such. Similar stuff happened with my primary too, and it took all of it with ease.

What I'd like to warn you about, is when you're actually playing. Running around and intensely playing, it will work fine. But be careful about how you dodge and things, ebcause epoxy, no matter how strong, still isn't indestructible. All you ahve to do is fall on your gun, and your body weight will snap them apart. Now, with this gun, that doesn't look like a hard or difficult fix. But it gets to be time consuming when two brassed turrets separate from your prized turreted splitfire, which separates from your crossbow. That kinda ruins the day for ya, you know?

Great job! If one of my clan members ever decides they want to mod a longshot, I'll suggest something like this. I really like it, regardless of my not-so-fondness for Longshots and Mavericks.

Props!

-Falcon

Edited by Falcon, 05 January 2007 - 06:03 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users