Lbb Problem

Fishtailing and bad range

6 replies to this topic

#1 monkey with a nf

monkey with a nf

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:23 PM

I recently modded my LBB with 12" of 1/2" ID PETG and a pressure valve plug. The tank will pump fine, but when I fire it with even 12 pumps, my darts fishtail and go shorter than they do with 8 pumps. The barrel seal also seems fine. I think the fishtailing is caused by too much power, but I don't get the poor ranges. Help?
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Sep 12 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

For maximum efficiency?

1. Pump up. Count how many pumps.

2. Keep going until you hear a loud "bang".

3. Subtract one pump from the total. Rebuild your air bladder.

There you go.

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:26 PM

You have to put the dart all the way in back of the barrel. Are you using stock darts or stefans?

Yo[b]u barrel may be too tight and too long.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:20 PM

It's a fair bet that 12" is too short, especially since you're fishtailing with more pumps....try a longer barrel and see what it does.

Edited by Carbon, 31 December 2006 - 05:22 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#4 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:03 AM

I always thought the first place we went with fishtailing darts was the dart, not the gun...

I don't know if power changes the required length or weight of a dart, but just for hits and giggles: how long are your darts and how much weight do you use (I assume they work in your other guns)?
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#5 monkey with a nf

monkey with a nf

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 01:16 PM

When I did this, I was using my lighter CDT stefans (.17 cal BB's) and just placing them in the barrel. With heavier CDT stefans (3/0 fishing weights) and a ramrod, it works fine.

On a related note, I'd perfer to use a coupler rather than a ramrod for this. However, i don't exactly get how to do so- is there some step beyond just gluing the coupler to the barrel and and putting your barrels in the right size PVC?

For maximum efficiency?

There you go.

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:37 PM

Well, I'd just glue the coupler directly to the tank, instead of the pvc barrel. But you basically have the right idea. It's nothing more than a coupler glued either to the tank or the barrel (with a stub of pvc glued to the tank if you choose the coupler on the barrel route), and just attaching and detaching the barrel whenever you need to load. Seeing as you're shooting micros, you could either go for 1/2" cpvc and not worry about fitting your barrel into pvc (assuming you darts fit into cpvc, it's really tight), 1/2" SCH80 pvc (the store around me carries sch80 pvc that fits my micros; they might not fit yours), or you can go with 1/2" SCH80 pvc with brass nested inside. If you can't find SCH80 pvc, you can always go with 1/2" SCH40 pvc and wrap the brass in some tape before shoving it into the pvc.

~ompa

#7 monkey with a nf

monkey with a nf

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for the help. As soon as I get my brass from McMaster, I'll be doing this.

For maximum efficiency?

There you go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users