H2h?

havent seen it for a while

4 replies to this topic

#1 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:07 PM

Hey everyone, I rememberd a while back that there was H2H. Anyone got links for it?

And sorry if i posted this in the wrong section and/or if some already posted this. Thought H2H would be homemade.
AND i used the serch didn't come up with good results
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#2 TheCheatIsNotDead

TheCheatIsNotDead

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:53 PM

What is H2H? Hand to Hand? Like CQC (Close Quarters Combat)?

~TCIND
It is impossible to govern a country with 120 different types of cheese.

#3 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:11 PM

You didn't search well enough. I tried "sword" as the search topic word.

That (along with the several linked thread topics) gives a broad perspective of most of the active (and not-so-active) Nerfers' opinions of hand to hand, or melee, combat as it pertains to Nerfing. Many have tried it, and enjoy it. Some think it sucks rockets.

I'll let you look yourself...you should be capable of doing that.

The absence of such topics, however, sheds some evidence that H2H isn't really the biggest thing amongst most of the NerfHaven membership. Perhaps the other sites may reveal more interest...try there too.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#4 TheCheatIsNotDead

TheCheatIsNotDead

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:02 PM

Ah. So it was Hand to Hand.

The Nerf wars that our Nerf Club do are usually indoors and in spaces that compliment close quarters fighting. Because of this, we're incorporated a few rules.

Others I've heard do the 'Barrel Tap', where they touch you with the barrel instead of shooting you point-blank. We replaced this with our rule, where if you run up to someone and your gun about 6" from their head, you're allowed to just call "Headshot" and it counts, as a shot is essentially guaranteed.

Also, we have Nerf knives which you can use. They are usually only used with pistols, and are about a foot long total. A hit with a Nerf knife is an kill, providing it:

1: Is a slash- no stabbing
2: is across the torso. No head, arms or legs.

This has prevented a lot of the fights we've had before, where it would be two people with pistols at a stand off, and as soon as a shot was fired, the other person would rush them. It also provided a last-resort defense if you were out of ammo. It's lead to some really interesting fights and has worked out really well.

Our Nerf Knives are made from paintsticks wrapped in electrical tape, and insulating foam wrapped in duct-tape. They are quite sturdy, and have only had one break ever (in about 3 months).

We experimented with swords, but they didn't work well (as we used plastic lightsabers, and made the rule that if you had a sword you couldn't have a gun). The knives have been much more balanced and have added a good deal more strategy.

Try them. You might like 'em.

~TCIND

PS: We play by the rules "two body shots, or one headshot and you're dead". So a one-hit-kill Nerf Knife isn't really THAT overpowered.
It is impossible to govern a country with 120 different types of cheese.

#5 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:14 PM

Ok thanks :lol:
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users