Saddam Exicuted

Input anyone?

9 replies to this topic

#1 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:56 PM

So, it was announced at 10:05 ET that Saddam Hussan was exicuted and was made official by Senior U.S. military officials.

Discuss.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#2 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:05 PM

I'm glad they did I was sick of seeing that $hitbag on tv. Now he is finally gone maybe wishes do come true. Now we need to get Osama.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#3 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:07 PM

Osama and Kim Jong Ill are next to follow Saddam to hell. I cannot believe that his douchebag lawyer called the trial a trial by the Americans when no Americans were in the goddamned courtroom.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:08 PM

Osama and Kim Jong Ill are next to follow Saddam to hell. I cannot believe that his douchebag lawyer called the trial a trial by the Americans when no Americans were in the goddamned courtroom.

Hopefully he was smart enough to accquaint himself with hell's corridors before he arrived.
SexD Warves

#5 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:19 PM

Hopefully he was smart enough to accquaint himself with hell's corridors before he arrived.

You got that one from my sig, but the point remains valid. Then again, he was reduced to hiding in a hole, so it probably wasn't going too well anyway.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 29 December 2006 - 11:21 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

#6 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:25 PM

Waste of time, and this thread is a waste of space. What a dumb, dumb event.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#7 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:27 PM

Right. A dumb event that ended the life of a dictator who executed hundreds and made life hell for thousands more.

#8 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:28 PM

Tofu is right, but to quote a guy form a forum my dad visits "Surprised Ticketmaster didn't get in on that".

Edited by JurassicPark, 29 December 2006 - 11:28 PM.

"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#9 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:33 PM

Right. A dumb event that ended the life of a dictator who executed hundreds and made life hell for thousands more.

Made life hell for thousands .... that sounds like:
Andrew Jackson
Ulysses S. Grant
Andrew Johnson
Harry S. Truman
Lyndon B. Johnson
Nixon
Reagen
And our current president.

What's your point?
like a baby and that deep down inside you feel COMPLETE pride and satisfaction in our government for letting this happen. :angry:

And, I'm out because this forum does not approve of debates.

Edited by SirTofu, 29 December 2006 - 11:34 PM.

Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#10 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:53 PM

And, I'm out because this forum does not approve of debates.

Yep,

'specially when most of the political latitude of a fair majority of the posters in this thread are limited to CNN, Fox, and video games.

---------------------------------

I've been asked why I closed this topic, and I think Evil from NHQ (and a member of Project Nerf here at NH) has taken every word out of my mouth, with myself being somewhat in the learning phase of Middle East culture and religions, which I think that everyone who wants to engage in the details leading up to justice for the Iraqi people, should do beforehand...

NHQ is a wonderful venue for serious political commentary. Nothing like a dozen 14 year old kids arguing about world politics.

(In response to Shorty's misidentification of the country putting Saddam Hussein to death)
Just so you know, Shorty, its not the Iranian government that put Hussein to death. It was the Iraqi government. Let him rot in jail? What purpose would that serve? The reason execution was the selected method of the Iraqi high court was because it would give closure to the Shia and Kurd majority in Iraq who were marginalized and terrorized by the man and his regime.

He was planning to commit suicide for his country? Like all the other loyal people? You think those people are loyal to the abstract national concept of "Iraq" when they murder people with carbombings? Those people aren't loyal. They adhere to an ideology altogether hateful, ignorant and not to be confused with Islamic. Clarify what you mean by "suicide" and "loyalty".

Suicide bombers whether they be Ba'athists, al-Qaeda in Iraq ,or other sectarian groups, have no place in a civilized society and in their actions, cannot establish a state through the murder of innocents and suicide.

Dying was normal and he didn't care? Did you see him at his sentencing? When sentenced to death by hanging, he was shaken. Without question. When they dragged him to the gallows, he looked reserved to his fate but still not like his old tyrannical self.

The numbers in regards to Saddam Hussein are ubelievable. I've seen humanitarian estimates establishing the deathtoll under his reign from 180,000 to 600,000 people. Under his rule, Kurds were slaughted, Shi'ites were oppressed and tortured.

2/3 of Iraq had Hussein's boot on their throat for something like 30 years.

This guy deserved a worse fate than hanging. But we should be glad that the Iraqi courts, with limited influence on our part and an amazing amount of courage on theirs, were able to facilitate this trial regardless of the chaos around them.

I separated some of the thoughts for clarity, and emphasised some of my parallel thoughts.

We could go on and on about how the release from the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein now releases the new beast of potential civil war between the many facets of the Islamic faith (primarily Sunnis and Shi'ites), but it's my judgment that NerfHaven isn't the place to engage in such debate. There's plenty of space open for that currently at NHQ.

Or to quote my buddy Phil (Langley)...

"This isn't the Dumbfuck Junior High Debate Team. If you want to have pretentious teenager political debates, find a forum that caters to pretentious teenagers... We grownups have plastic toys to discuss."

*CLOSED*
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users