Photo

Spider Man 3 Nerf

15 replies to this topic

#1 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:34 PM

Has anyone noticed that Spider Man now has lots of nerf toys? Ii was just wondering this because I went to a TRU today and saw this big Nerf pump-action Spiderman gun. It has 8 rotating barrels and shoots something close to mega suction darts. It is big and has one of those foot missile launcher sthat you have to press on for it to launch. This is connected on the top and can come off when you want it. You don't have to pull that far back, and I don't think is has that much power, but since it shoots megas, maybe they added a bit of extra kick. Im sorry I couldn't take pics, but I didn't have a camera with me. Has anyone else seen this gun?

Found it- http://www.target.co...asin=B000MKGOWG

Edited by NiteWalker, 24 March 2007 - 03:40 PM.

NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#2 Orange

Orange

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:10 PM

I saw this gun at the local TRU about a week ago and considered picking it up, but passed due to the $24.99 price tag. It's made by the same company who makes the XXL line, though it seems to be lower quality when compared to other XXL guns.

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:17 PM

If this gun is made by the same company that does the XXL and is even lesser quality than the XXL than you should defenitly do what the instructions tell you to do.

Place launcher on the floor and stomp with your foot

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#4 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:57 PM

Wow I haven't seen those yet. Nice find.
To me, it looks like a Speedloader, a Big Salvo, and an XXL put together in one casing.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#5 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:05 PM

I definitely won't be stomping on that thing. My fat ass would break it on the first try.

It is a interesting design though and it will be in my collection when I have the cash.

The main gun's design almost reminds me of the SM3K. The priming handle is on the bottom like a shotgun grip and the barrel's molding is quite similar as well.

Here's the pic for everyone to see rather than clicking on the link.

Posted Image

Here's a pic of the SM3K for camparison. I know that the Spidey gun does not have the tank. I just wanted to show that there are a few similarities.

Posted Image
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#6 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:15 AM

I definitely won't be stomping on that thing. My fat ass would break it on the first try.

It is a interesting design though and it will be in my collection when I have the cash.

The main gun's design almost reminds me of the SM3K. The priming handle is on the bottom like a shotgun grip and the barrel's molding is quite similar as well.

Here's the pic for everyone to see rather than clicking on the link.

Posted Image

Here's a pic of the SM3K for camparison. I know that the Spidey gun does not have the tank. I just wanted to show that there are a few similarities.

Posted Image

it bears an equally large ammount of similarity to the Speedlaoder as well:
Posted Image

Either way, I want this gun, solely because I won't have to paint it for it to look awesome.

-Bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#7 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:49 PM

It does not look that great.... The big missiles are fired with a foot pump so the range probably stinks...And aside from that it looks difficult to mod, not mention it looks like its full of dreaded gears.

I do like the design and artwork on it but overall, I'd rather spend 25$ on something else. Is this thing made by Nerf?
Muaha! We aint' no Geocity anymore. Join here! The Foam Universe!

#8 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:06 PM

XXL was not made by Hasbro, so no, this is not a Hasbro gun.

It would be interesting to see a mod where someone turned the foot stomper into a pump. Then, make the trigger fire both. You could even make the missile launcher fire megas.

#9 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:49 PM

Why don't you just take off the foot stomper instead of making it a pump? If someone gets it, I'd like to see the internal pics and if the plunger is big enough, I might get it. It's an interesting gun, but I'd rather get the Spiderman Dart Tag which is supposed to get 40 ft. stock.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#10 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:14 PM

Looks like the missile launcher on the top of the gun is positional too. That might come in handy. Definately getting this gun if the price is reasonable.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#11 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:46 PM

Either way, I want this gun, solely because I won't have to paint it for it to look awesome.

Right... Okay...

Anyway, you should be able to take off the rocket pump and attach a at2k or at3k pump and hose to the duct. That should give it some very respectable ranges compared to stock distances.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#12 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:22 PM

I think this gun is going to be good.

XXL isn't that bad.

I don't understand how they can make a gun tht you're suppsed to put on the ground and stom on it.

That is terrible manufactering.

But if this gun got in the 50's-60's when modded PLUS the missile launcher then it would just own.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#13 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:55 PM

I think this gun is going to be good.

XXL isn't that bad.

I don't understand how they can make a gun tht you're suppsed to put on the ground and stom on it.

That is terrible manufactering.

But if this gun got in the 50's-60's when modded PLUS the missile launcher then it would just own.

The missile launcher detaches from the top of the gun so you can stomp on it, like the old Nerf Missile Launcher in design, but cheaper.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#14 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:46 AM

I saw and handled this gun at a TRU recently.
I was able to cock and fire the gun while still in the box.
Let me tell you this: Peice of shit!
It is spring powered.
I am going to estimate stock ranges with main gun is anywhere between 5-12 feet.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#15 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:58 AM

I was able to find this new little thingy.
http://www.hasbrotoy...ID=19218&BR=820

It looks as if it is almost like you just pull the plunger handle out and then push it back in as fast as you can with two fingers. I can only pray the dart tag version with Venom is going to be much better.
Spiderman 3 is really selling out eh?
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#16 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:54 PM

It looks like the Wrist Blitzer. Pull out the plunger, then you push on it to offest the catch and release the plunger. Probably gets about 20 ft. max.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users